Life at PE:
Perkins Eastman is a global design firm with expertise that covers all aspects of the built environment. With studios in 24 locations globally, we design for people, to enhance the human experience and leave a lasting and positive impact on people’s lives and the world we inhabit.
The National Practice Area Specialist for Senior Living sits within the firmwide Marketing and Business Development Team. The Practice Area Specialist works with a hub of marketing peers and in partnership with our Markets, Studios. and Services, who rely on marketing support to advance their message, establish thought leadership and visibility, and win pursuits. This individual also collaborates across the Marketing and Business Development Team with fellow Marketing team members, Graphics, Communications, Knowledge Management, Client Engagement, Market Strategy, and Business Development to deliver marketing excellence across proposals, presentations, collateral, local brand-building efforts, and more.
Practice Management, Strategy and Communications
- Initiates strategic, business development, and communications planning in conjunction with Senior Living Practice Leader(s) and Principals. Promotes shared vision of the strategy and assists implementation of the strategic plan.
- Assists in preparation and/or participates in practice area reporting on financial performance and business development. Manages budget planning and monitors progress in conjunction with the SL Co-Practice Leader(s).
- Facilitates internal Senior Living practice communications in conjunction with Co-Practice Leader(s) and next tier leadership. Participates in regular practice-wide meetings, relevant studio, and firm-wide market sector meetings.
- Works with leadership and other key stakeholders to identify areas of practice/service lines that require enhancement to meet present or future opportunities.
- Creates/manages new content development illustrating global thought leadership and practice area expertise. Vehicles include awards, brochures, video, publications, podcasts, web presence, and social media, often working directly with the Communications team.
- Builds long-term relationships both internally with cross-functional teams and externally with clients, consultants, and business partners.
- Develops subject matter expertise (across markets, typologies, services, technology or other) that adds value to the Senior Living marketing initiatives and pursuit activities.
- Leads national activities such as sponsorships, award submissions, events and photography, that align with our PR/Communications objectives and increase our brand visibility.
- Collaborates with leadership team and other marketing and graphics team members to develop pursuit strategies – starting with client engagement, leading to proposal then interview – to secure the win. Work directly with studio Marketing as a resource for strategy and content.
- Coaches, mentors, and collaborates with technical staff in developing their own personal brand to increase visibility as a thought leader and trusted advisor to clients. Leads/participates in the Senior Living practice’s Thought Leaders, Connectors and Builders program.
- Provides peer review and oversight for accuracy and quality of content.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of related work experience required.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- Related experience working in a marketing or communications role for an A/E/C firm preferred.
- Solid skills in strategic thinking, writing and design-with the potential and/or interest to further develop/excel in at least one of these areas.
- Strong time and project management skills are essential, along with the ability to work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Must be proactive, self-driven, organized, detail-oriented and have an enthusiasm for innovation.
- Strong proficiency with Adobe, Affinity, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Deltek CRM Vision is a plus.
- May participate in external marketing activities.
- May perform other duties as required.
Type: Hybrid. 3 days in office 2 days working remotely, flexible days/working hours.
Location: This position is hiring for either Chicago, IL or, Pittsburgh, PA
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographical work location.
Perkins Eastman is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please apply using this link: Perkins Eastman – Marketing – Practice Area Specialist – Chicago/Pittsburgh
*LOCATION: This position is hiring for either our Chicago, IL office or our Pittsburgh, PA office.