Nex is seeking a Part 2 architectural assistant to join its studio in central London.
We are a London-based architecture studio designing distinctive projects that focus on place, people and atmosphere.
We design interiors, buildings and places that connect architecture to the city by closely integrating with the public realm. We work with high-profile clients on a diverse range of project types including arts and culture education, leisure, workplace and transport. Current projects include a library for the University of Oxford, a national archive and library for the RAF Museum, refurbishments for the British Museum.
We have a portfolio of finely crafted built work that has won awards and received international attention. In 2020, Nex were shortlisted by Dezeen for the world’s best leisure project and named BD Public Realm Architect of the Year.
We have a vacancy for an talented Part 2 architectural assistant to join our close-knit team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on public and cultural projects from concept through to construction. We are particularly interested in a candidate with an interest in working within heritage contexts and in the refurbishment of museums.
We’d love to meet you if you have the following skills and experience:
- a talented creative designer with a great eye for detail
- excellent communication skills with a confident and approachable manner
- initiative and independent problem solving
- a collaborative team player
- excellent rendering, visualisation and graphic skills
- competency in 2D and 3D Vectorworks, and Rhino preferred
- proficient with Adobe CS Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- excellent sketching ability and able to communicate ideas graphically
Our team is cosmopolitan, ambitious and committed. We offer an exceptional mentoring and training experience, and a structured CPD programme. We’re based in a great studio workspace in central/west-end of London, which offers bike stores, showers and kitchen, games, great coffee machines and a range of plant-filled work settings.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. We are an equal opportunities employer.