Michael Maltzan Architecture, Inc is an architectural firm in Silverlake, Los Angeles. We are looking for a proactive, versatile individual to join our team as an office and business development coordinator. This ideal candidate will be highly organized, with strong administrative and communication skills. The candidate will support with the functions and operations of the office and will also support on business development pursuits. Prior experience in an administrative role in architecture or a similar creative field is a benefit, but self-starting candidates with a range of experiences could be well suited to this role. This role has potential for growth and will involve close collaboration with design and project management leadership at the firm.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 2-5 years minimum professional experience, ideally in an architectural office or other professional services field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, experience copy editing a plus.
- Experience with or interest in developing visual communication skills. Experience with Adobe Suite, particularly InDesign, and the development of presentations and printed materials is a plus.
- Able to self-start and manage one’s own workload. This is a small office with wide range of pursuits, so the ability to initiate work and provide direction is important.
- Ability to coordinate and communicate within a larger team environment.
- Good attention to detail, highly organized, and able to develop and implement systems to ensure work quality and timeliness.
- Provide general office administrative support.
- Provide support with scheduling and meeting organization for Principals in the office and for business development pursuits.
- Support the business development team. Responsibilities here would range depending on experience but could include serving as day-to-day internal coordinator on business development pursuits, managing schedules and coordinating internal staff for business development pursuits.
- Occasional writing and presentation development to support business development pursuits, in partnership with design and project management leadership.
MMA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other attribute protected by law.
Please submit the following to MMA:
- Cover Letter
- Resume and sample of professional written work.
- (3) references from similar experiences
All materials should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org