3 Architects has an opportunity for a mid-weight interior designer to join its team in London.
We are a dedicated, friendly, design-focused office with a fast moving, creative and motivated atmosphere, encouraging open discussion and testing of ideas. We have a varied portfolio of interesting work at various stages of development.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to engage in all aspects of the practice, hone their skills working with our various teams and grow their career with us in the long term.
The following skills and qualifications are required, please check your particular experience and qualifications fit the criteria prior to applying:
- two to three plus years’ experience working on commercial and/or residential interior design/architecture projects
- degree in interior design or interior architecture
- experience working on/managing projects from conception to completion, across all RIBA work stages
- ability to work well under pressure, prioritise and meet deadlines
- strong organisational skills required to both run and work effectively across several projects at a time
- self-motivated, focused, can get on with the task at hand
- drawing/commenting on technical drawing packs and detailed drawings
- proficient and high level of skill utilising AutoCAD, SketchUp, Lumion and Adobe Suite
- Revit (BIM) skills are strongly preferred – training can be provided
- strong presentation and communication skills
- fluency in speaking and writing English is essential
- reporting internally to and assisting senior designers and associates to deliver a number of projects across all RIBA work stages
- composing design schemes and putting together presentations
- internal space planning
- supplier knowledge for selecting and specifying FF&E, soft and hard finishes depending on the project and budget
- subsequently compiling into schedules
- input into technical drawing packages including space planning, elevations and joinery
- joinery and bespoke furniture concept design and technical detailing for FF&E and joinery packages
- project and site coordination
- client liaison/presentation
Instructions for applying
Please submit a CV and portfolio (under 5 MB) via the apply for job button below.
Please state your notice period or availability to start work in your application and send a short cover letter explaining your suitability for the role. Please quote ‘mid-weight interior designer’ in the subject. Please include details of either UK residency or your immigration/visa status in your application.
The deadline is 1 November 2023. Unfortunately due to the volume of applications we will not be able to respond individually to every applicant.