Shim-Sutcliffe Architects is a small, studio-based architectural practice co-led by Brigitte Shim and Howard Sutcliffe. We are committed to the craft and culture of architecture. We work with talented architects and collaborators building a body of work that is committed to place-making and addressing the scales of landscape, architecture, furnishings and fittings. Our built works respond directly to their physical and social context.
Shim-Sutcliffe Architects (www.shim-sutcliffe.com) is looking for the following:
Mid to Senior Level Architect/Designer with 5+ years experience in all phases of design, with particular emphasis on Design Development and Construction Documents.
Candidates with experience in custom-residential work are preferred. Candidates for this position should have the following General Qualifications:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Architecture
- Strong design, presentation and communication skills Proficiency in Revit, Rhino, AutoCad, and Adobe CS (including Photoshop,Illustrator and InDesign), MS Office, and Bluebeam
- An ability to to produce flexible custom Revit families
- Excellent organization skills, with strong attention to detail Experience coordinating with consultants (Structural, Mechanical, Lighting, etc.)
- Experience in construction document preparation in Revit
- Knowledge of building codes Experience on construction sites reviewing work in progress
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including communication with contractors and vendors
- Understanding of construction methodologies and sequencing as they relate to architectural assemblies
- Be self-motivated, proactive and able to work both independently and amongst a team.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary compensation commensurate with skills and experience
- Health benefits program participation
Candidates must be available to work full-time (in-person) in Toronto starting in April or May of 2023.
Please email us a PDF (no greater than 15 MB) of your cover letter, résumé and portfolio for consideration to email@example.com with “Mid-Senior Level Architect” in the subject line. We will contact you upon review.