ERA-co Woods Bagot has an opportunity for a mid-senior urban designer to join its team in London.
Who we are
ERA-co is a new global experience agency made up of data scientists, strategists, experience designers and visual storytellers who lead transformative strategy to shape cities, neighbourhoods and destinations to positively impact the lives of people and the places they inhabit. With offices in New York, Melbourne, Sydney and London, our global ambitions have only just begun.
Our clients and projects range from branding single residential buildings to positioning and leading experience of major urban masterplans, mixed-use developments, to globally famous and civic places. While the work is diverse, they all start from a singular belief: that transformative placemaking has the power to advance humanity.
Our collective operates in the rare space between creativity and consulting. We are assembled into four distinct verticals; brand experience, user strategy, urban strategy and planning (USP) and productions. Working as one group we are on the lookout for people who can flex between these disciplines, are aligned with our brand values and are passionate about creating sustainable places.
So, who are you?
In this role you will work closely with leaders of ERA urban strategy and planning on a range of masterplanning and urban design projects.
You’re able to work across multiple clients, contexts, timelines, time zones and deliverables at once, thriving on the diversity of the work and global nature of the business.
Recognising we are a start up, you happily pitch in, roll up your sleeves are not afraid of getting your hands dirty. You have a can-do attitude and take on tasks to get the job done. Success and quality delivery of strategy are part of your DNA.
You are able to delve into projects with strong inter-personal skills and time management. You actively listen and can proactively spot opportunities to add value to internal teams and ERA-co’s clients. You quickly earn the trust of those around
You bring with you an appetite to learn, contribute and introduce new partners and talent to improve the output of ERA-co. You are nimble and responsive to feedback, providing creative solutions to project demands quickly with a collaborative attitude to working
In the presence of ambiguity, you take initiative to gain clarity and create a path forward.
- have excellent concept and design detail skills
- have excellent visualisation and graphic skills
- strong time management skills in fast paced and interdisciplinary workplace
- good understanding of masterplanning concepts, best practice and principles
- good understanding of DMP (detailed masterplan) process and deliverables
- good understanding of urban design technical constraints and best practice
- ability to manage project coordination and organise sub-consultants
- ability to mentor and guide junior staff members
- support generation of new client work and engagement, have interest in developing good business development skills and relationships
- flexile and open attitude to new ways of working
- positive, proactive and friendly attitude to working and teamwork
- self-motivated and can take initiative under minimal guidance
- collaborative design approach
- strong organisational and time-management skills, able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- strong client management and presentation skills
- developing high-quality 2D and 3D models in Rhino and drawings for concept masterplans and urban design strategies
- ability to communicating design work through sketches, diagrams and drawings
- professional degree in architecture or landscape architecture with a Master’s in urban design
- six to eight years’ experience in medium/large scale urban design and masterplanning projects (experience in Middle East is a plus)
- experience in project management and design lead roles
- fluent in written and spoken English (Arabic a positive)
- strong skills in Rhino and Adobe Suite
- good understanding of Grasshopper
How to apply
Applicants are required to submit a resume and portfolio via the apply button below. Applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. We do not accept unsolicited resumes or names from agencies.
All personal data collected by the company will be kept confidential and only used for recruitment purposes.
Alignment with ERA-co values
Our values unify our global team under one code of conduct to guide behaviour that drives continuity of outcomes. These values not only a guide how we treat each other, but how we treat clients, partners and the broader ERA-co community. They are an essential ingredient to our overall success and support our business ambitions.
Champion the end user
We communicate with clarity, free from jargon, to stay in line with the end user. We do not get bogged down in the rhetoric. We uphold placemaking as a deeply human endeavour that belongs as much on the street, as it does in the boardroom.
Ask beautiful questions
We champion those with a point-of-view, rather than judging, ridiculing or side-stepping those who speak up. We encourage every colleague to ask the hard questions, bring the provocative perspective and dig for the truth.
Co-author for the best ideas
We are high on talent and low on ego. With such diversity of experience and talent, we know the work is sharper and more resolved the more people we invite into the process.
Place innovation requires an insatiable hunger to stay ahead of culture. We keep a constant global radar to push through complexity and discover new solutions to the world’s most urgent challenges.
Persevere for the sake of transformative placemaking
We roll up our sleeves and dive right in, driving every problem with passion and gritty determination. It is not about being the smartest in the room, but rather staying the course, fighting for ideas, and seeing the long game through.