Architecture and Development Firm Looking for Mid-level Junior Architect
Who we are.
We are an Architecture and Development Firm located in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. We specialize in multifamily mixed-use building design and construction. We have three sides. We are the Architects, we are the Builders, we are the Owners.
What we do.
We design, we plan, we create, we build.
What we need.
We are currently looking for a mid-level junior architect to join our team.
What you will do.
As part of the architecture team, you will be working closely with the Principle Architect and Company Partners in the production and development of ground up mixed-use projects. Your scope of work will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Participate in all project phases from initial property research through to project completion and sign offs.
- Collaborate with in house design teams, developments teams and construction teams throughout all phases of projects.
- Produce design documents and schematic designs, including preliminary zoning massing studies, preliminary interior layouts and space planning.
- Produce Construction Documents (CDs) and Department of Buildings (DOB) filing documents.
- Produce construction details and specifications.
- Coordinate between various consultants (Structure, MEP, SOE, Environmental, etc.), contractors, vendors, fabricators etc.
- Coordinate architectural plans with consultant plans to ensure full building design coordination.
- Review and respond to Requests for Information (RFIs).
- Process submittals, substitution requests and review of shop drawings during construction.
- Produce 3D models, detailed renderings and graphic presentations for various projects.
- Material and product research.
- Construction Administration including site visits, review of shop drawings and submittals.
What Qualities and are skills required.
As part of the architecture team, you must have an inevitable passion for architecture, design and construction. You must be a superb team player and dedicated to the full success of the team which will include creative problem solving, time management skills and the ability to meet project deadlines. Additional qualifications and skills required are as listed below:
- Professional Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture.
- 2+ years of experience working in a professional architecture design firm.
- In the process of obtaining architectural licensure.
- Experience working professionally with the following software:
- AutoCAD and AutoCAD Architecture
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- MS Office Suite
- Outlook, Word, Excel
- Rhino, Grasshopper, 3ds Max, and other modeling and rendering software are a Big Plus.
- Experience in the production of Design Documents (DDs), Construction Documents (CDs) and NYC DOB filing documents.
- Strong Knowledge of NYC Building Codes, Local Laws, NYC Building Bulletins, Fair Housing Act, Multiple Dwelling Law, the NYC Zoning Resolution, NYCECC and ASHRAE.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Evidence of a good design understanding and design skills.
- Ability to seek to fully understand all aspects of a project.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and ability to communicate effectively with consultant engineers.
- Experience with NYC Inclusionary Housing Projects is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and multi‐task
- Ability to be a team player. Everybody sweeps the floor.
*Salary is commensurate with education level, professional experience, and demonstrated knowledge.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and work samples as well as legal working status to email@example.com.