Recognized for iconic New York spaces such as the Standard Hotel, the Boom Boom Room, the Ace Hotel and Le Coucou, Roman and Williams is an award-winning architectural and interior design firm in NoHo. Each of our projects demonstrates a detailed and comprehensive design vision, making each a unique guest experience. We have recently opened a Branding Department to offer our clients custom branding and wayfinding solutions for our interiors projects. Roman and Williams is currently engaged in an international roster of projects in the cultural, institutional, hospitality, retail and residential spheres.
In December 2017, Robin Standefer and Stephen Alesch, principals of Roman and Williams Buildings and Interiors, opened Roman and Williams Guild featuring their own designs of furniture, lighting, and accessories for the home along with a highly curated selection of goods from all over the world. A modern-day guild of the senses, it’s also home to La Mercerie with French cuisine from Chef Marie-Aude Rose. Committed to quality, beauty, and endurance The Guild champions timeless design, natural materials, and masterful craftsmanship.
Our team seeks a Mid-Level Graphic Designer with 3-8 years professional experience that encompasses both print and web. At Roman and Williams, you will join a highly creative, collaborative team dedicated to executing thoughtful projects with beauty and guest experience as our main objectives.
You will contribute to the execution, coordination and management of projects from design concept through production. This role will be involved in maintaining and furthering the brand standards across print and web for each Roman and Williams, The Guild and La Mercerie. Applicants must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate a strong ability in the following:
- Ability to collaborate with all team members across all 3 brands
- Execute designs from concept through final production
- Turn user needs and business goals into compelling visual solutions that can be carried across various mediums
- Fluency in Adobe CS (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and Microsoft is a must
- Branding and/or wayfinding for Hospitality industry is a plus
- Experience in UX/UI and Product Design is a plus
- Knowledge of Mail Chimp and Shopify is a plus
- Working experience in video editing programs (After Effects or Premier) is a plus
- Dexterity with illustrating and/or hand lettering is a plus
The Applicant should be organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic, and willing to take on a variety of tasks. Strong verbal and written communications skills, time management and the ability to multi-task will be required. Your personal aesthetic should reflect the visual language of Roman and Williams, The Guild and La Mercerie.
*Please email your resume, cover letter, and a link your website to email@example.com
*Please title your email: (your name) – RW Graphic Designer Application
*Please copy your cover letter into the body of the email.
* PDF portfolios will only be accepted in addition to a website portfolio and must be under 10mb.