Kennedy Woods Architecture has an opportunity for a mid-level graphic designer to join its team in London.
Kennedy Woods Architecture is seeking a permanent, mid-level graphic/communication designer to help with a wide range of exciting internal and external projects.
Who you are
You are an experienced graphic designer whose superpower is communication.
You excel in presenting complicated information with clear, logical hierarchy and never allow style to undermine clarity.
You are a collaborative designer who sees the ability to work together with other people as the key to successful projects and is interested in creating a positive impact in the world through design.
Who we are
Kennedy Woods mission is to design kind, clever places to help people learn and grow. From school estate masterplans to interior fit-outs, we work hand-in-hand with schools and nurseries to create outstanding learning environments across a range of architectural scales.
As the UK’s first B Corporation architecture studio, we are dedicated to supporting innovative, sustainable development and our process is underpinned by user-centred design principles, including user research and engagement.
Our office is a light-filled studio, two minutes from Peckham Rye overground station in South London.
We are a values-led company that believes a strong culture is the key to achieving fulfilment, producing great work and building lasting relationships. Ours is based upon the values of empathy, tenacity, questioning and spark, which are at the heart of everything we do.
Learn more at www.kennedywoods.co.uk or and via Instagram @kennedywoodsstudio.
About the role
We are looking for a mid-level graphic/communication designer to join our team to work on a wide range of internal and external projects.
Example projects would include:
- working with our architects to prepare presentations for client projects, bid decks, talks, helping with illustrations and other project specific design communication assets
- leading on graphic design elements within projects such as signage and wayfinding
- designing promotional material for marketing campaigns and channels including our website
- designing and preparing files for shows, exhibitions, community engagement activities and educational workshop
- establishing graphic standards and templates
The role is client facing and candidates will be expected to represent the studio, its values and ethos, and maintain a professional manner at all times.
The ideal candidate would be a team player, able to effectively handover and review work to supporting designers; a methodical problem-solver with user-centred design interest and a confident storyteller.
Required skills and experience
- at least five years of professional experience
- fluency in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- competent photography skills
- organised, detail-oriented, with strong project management abilities
- excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills
- relevant work permits
- familiarity with Squarespace a bonus
What we offer:
- competitive salary aligned with industry standards
- 28 days leave, including studio closure between Christmas and New Year
- benefits package encompassing health insurance and partial profit share bonus
- balanced work-life with no late-working culture
- opportunities to shape a growing studio
- the position is full-time, but we’re open to considering part-time arrangements (four days per week or pro-rata for five shorter days).
In place of a generic cover letter, share four 140-character responses to these questions:
- who are you and what is your story?
- what’s your favorite aspect of your current job and why?
- what interests you most in the world (excluding design)?
- what changes would you make to design education and why?