MAK Studio-Mid Level Designer, San Francisco
MAK Studio is a small, design-centric architecture studio in the Polk Gulch neighborhood of San Francisco. Our focus is a modern aesthetic that includes award-winning residential and commercial design. Our studio’s culture is collaborative, fast-paced and we pride ourselves on growing our team members to be become avid problem solvers and thoughtful designers. Our small office size allows each employee to experience every facet of a project from conception through construction, including client, contractor and consultant interface.
We are seeking an experienced and exceptional mid-level designer to join our team. Ideal candidates are self-motivated, highly-organized, detail-oriented, able to problem solve independently and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Candidates should have project management experience to strategize effective project plans and sustain project objectives. This position will work directly with the principal of the firm and project architects to develop documentation for all phases of various projects.
This position may include the following responsibilities:
- Code analysis.
- Production of drawings from schematic design through construction administration.
- Project coordination with clients, consultants, vendors and contractors.
- Construction administration duties such as RFI’s, RFPs, change order request review and response.
- Assistance with an array of project administrative tasks including invoice submission, budget tracking and other general office administration tasks.
- Presentation renderings to communicate project intent to clients and local jurisdictions
Ideal candidates should possess:
- A bachelors or graduate degree in architecture
- 5-10 years professional work experience, ideally through all phases of design, documentation and construction administration
- High-end modern residential experience is preferable
- Proficiency in AutoCad, office cad standards
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, SketchUp
- Excellent interpersonal oral and written skills
This position is full time. Salary will be commensurate with experience. This position is available immediately.
Please send resumes and work sample attachments (no links, please) to email@example.com with “Mid-Level Designer” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.