GS Landscape Architecture Studio
GSLA Studio is an accomplished Landscape Architecture practice with projects throughout Southern California. We strongly believe in the power of good design to transform everyday experiences. Our work responds to the integrity inherent in a site and brings to each project a strong engagement with the dynamic experience of a place and the importance of practical, as well as poetic considerations. Collaboration is a cornerstone of our practice and our relationships with clients, architects, and consultants are paramount to the success of our work.
We are looking for a self-motivated, passionate, articulate designer with 3-5 years experience in the design and management of landscape projects. The candidate should have previous experience in a design office and feel comfortable communicating and collaborating with contractors, clients, and other team members in the development of design, technical drawings and reviewing construction of landscape installations. An understanding of plant material is valued as well.
- Work with Principals on landscape architecture projects from conceptual design through construction administration, including management of sub-consultants as needed.
- The production, organization, coordination of construction and presentation documents.
- Exercise efficiency and independent judgment in the performance of duties.
- Lead multiple projects in various stages of development simultaneously and work cooperatively with the principal team to ensure design integrity and graphic consistency.
- Communicate with and coordinate the efforts of project team members, clients, consultants, contractors, and agency officials.
- Manage project schedule and workflow.
- Research and specify materials, products, and systems.
- Attend job-site meetings, issue supplemental instructions, and review submittals and shop drawings during the Construction Administration phase.
- Strong English communication skills are essential to success in this position.
- Degree in landscape architecture, or related field
- Minimum 3 year’s experience working in landscape office
- Strong organizational & interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Be a collaborative supportive team member
- Knowledge of planting design, materials, and technical aspects of landscape architecture
- Strong commitment to design and high-quality outcomes
- Work in Hybrid work environment (our office is in in Mid-City LA)
SKILLS REQUIRED IN THE FOLLOWING:
- MAC OS – (we are a MAC based office)
- SketchUp & or other render software
- MS Office Suite
- Adobe Suite
- Hand sketching a plus
We ask qualified applicants to send a resume, cover letter, and portfolio examples of design or drafting work to firstname.lastname@example.org in a single PDF document. To learn more about our team please visit: www.gslastudio.com