I-Kanda Architects is a 3-4 person design studio based in Charlestown MA, specializing in high-end residential projects.
The firm approaches each project as a new array of needs and desires out of which to conceive uniquely enhanced environments. We work collaboratively with clients, specialists and craftspeople to realize ideas that far exceed initial hopes. Our projects broadly range from mountainside cabins to penthouses, barns to boutique homes.
We are looking for an architect who seeks full-time, in-person employment. The position provides exposure to all phases of a project, from concept through construction.
- Must be creative, motivated, focused, reliable and organized
- Must have the ability to collaborate & self-manage
- Exceptionally strong geometric & 3-dimensional sense
- Proficiency in AutoCAD & Sketchup (required)
- Demonstrate skill in drafting, 3d modeling/rendering, hand drawing & physical model building
- Ability to prepare a full construction set for a residential project
- Ability to coordinate with engineers & consultants, and to conduct site visits during construction
EDUCATION / WORK EXPERIENCE
- 3 years minimum professional architecture office experience (required)
- Masters degree in architecture (required)
- Experience with construction (preferred)
To apply please email a PDF with a cover letter, resume & work sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your availability, salary requirement, and legal authorization to work in the US.