TEF is seeking an experienced, full time Marketing Manager. As an integral part of our business development team, and under the direction of the Marketing Director, you will work closely with firm leadership and technical staff to support the cultivation of client relationships and the identification, vetting, and development of targeted project opportunities. Your primary responsibility (80%) will be managing the proposal process from beginning to end and developing high quality, visually-compelling brochures, qualifications/proposals, and interview presentations. In collaboration with the Marketing Director, sector leaders, marketing staff, and third party consultants, you will also support diverse marketing needs and practice initiatives ranging from research to branded conference collateral (20%).
Our ideal candidate is a proactive self-starter and strong project manager with proven time management and organizational skills, attention to detail, and a collaborative disposition. The ability to prioritize multiple tasks and thrive under tight deadlines is essential, as is the ability to integrate written and graphic elements to tell compelling stories and convey complex ideas.
- Assist with identification of opportunities aligned with practice values, experience and goals, coordinate Go/No-Go analyses, and track opportunities and pursuits from identification to award
- Review and analyze RFQ/P requirements to ensure compliance and quality, assist with intelligence gathering, and support/advise on strategic approach
- Lead the coordination and production of high-quality proposals and presentations including document management, writing and editing, image selection, layout, and coordinating sub-consultant information
- Manage the proposal team and process, including monitoring progress and schedule benchmarks to ensure timely and accurate deliverables
- Collaborate with marketing leadership, technical staff, and marketing support staff to develop/update written and graphic content and collateral materials including resumes, project sheets, brochures, and award submittals.
- Coordinate with marketing support staff to debrief proposals, update marketing database, and maintain library of proposal narratives, graphics and imagery.
- Support development of marketing strategies, inform good decision-making, and contribute new ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Communications, or Journalism
- Minimum 5 years work experience in the A/E/C industry or related professional field
- Advanced technical and graphic proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and facility with MS Word suite.
- Ability to to think creatively and strategically and communicate complex ideas and stories, narratively and graphically
- Excellent time and project management skills, passion for details and ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously while maintaining a high level of quality and accuracy.
- Highly collaborative and able to manage diverse internal and external relationships
- Resilient and flexible – able to execute in the context of uncertainty and unphased by inevitable setbacks
About TEF Design Located in San Francisco, TEF Design (TEF) is an award-winning architecture and interior design practice committed to empowering community through design. Our staff of 40+ integrates research, technology and robust processes to create caring and responsible design solutions that deepen human connection and advance the mission of our clients. Our diverse portfolio encompasses place-making for education, healthcare, workplace, culture/recreation, and infrastructure. Our practice ethos is collaborative and friendly and we prioritize belonging and work-life balance. We also support career development with an internal mentorship program, encourage community engagement outside of the office and the alignment of your passion, skills, and interests with taking on diverse roles within our practice.
All TEF staff work in-person at our office on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday and Friday are flexible workdays that allow staff to work from home or alternative locations. TEF is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive compensation, eligibility for annual performance-based bonus, comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their eligible family members, 401(k) program with employer matching, and voluntary insurance. We also provide competitive paid time off, paid holidays, and parental leave benefits.
Anticipated salary range: $80,000-$100,000, commensurate with experience and location.
Submit a cover letter and resume in a single PDF attachment by email to email@example.com. In your cover letter, tell us what makes you a good fit for the position and describe your greatest accomplishment at work so far.