Studio VERDANT is a landscape design/build firm founded in 2001 and headquartered in the Gowanus neighborhood of Brooklyn. Our clients range from high end residential gardens throughout Manhattan and Brooklyn to boutique hotels and corporate headquarters. Our projects continually challenge conventional design and redefine the dialogue between landscape and architecture.
Position Summary We are in search of an experienced and creative Marketing Coordinator with a passion for design and business to join our company. This Coordinator will be responsible for the thoughtful implementation of a new branding effort VERDANT is undertaking, in partnership with a NYC-based marketing agency. In addition to general promotion, this role will be responsible for generating new contacts in the AEC industry, as well as the overall maintenance and oversight of marketing materials (physical and digital) and social media. Applicants skilled in graphic design, writing, photography, and/or videography, with an appreciation for landscape design, architecture, and interior design are encouraged to apply. Applicants must have strong communication and organizational skills and be able to work well independently and collaboratively in a sometimes fast-paced environment.
Visit us at www.verdantny.com
Send applications to: email@example.com
Benefits This salaried position’s benefits begin after a three-month introductory period. Benefits include two weeks of paid vacation, paid holidays, plus time off between Christmas and New Year’s; Health insurance. Salary range is $55,000 – $75,000.
- Develop new ideas for outreach and content creation.
- Assist with the preparation and formatting of statements of qualifications and proposals.
- Research and identify competition opportunities.
- Think strategically to tailor materials to new clients and contacts.
- Iterative in-person, phone, and video communication with new and existing contacts.
- Coordinate the preparation of and revisions to staff resumes, project profiles, and other firm collateral.
- Prepare PDFs for distribution to a variety of potential audiences.
- Manage in-house photography and archival materials.
- Interface with outside vendors for photographic and other materials.
- Act as firm’s press liaison, generating and coordinating responses to inquiries.
- Develop weekly Instagram posts
- Coordinate awards submissions.
- Oversee updates and revisions to firm website.
- Maintain quality standards and overall graphic identity of firm.
- Manage annual update of contacts for external communications.
- Understand that different needs can arise and embrace varying responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Art History, Visual Arts, or (Landscape) Architecture
- 2-5 years of relevant experience, preferably at an (Landscape) Architecture, Engineering, or Design firm.
- Confidence in written and visual communication, with a strong graphic sense.
- Ability to work calmly within regular, in-person business hours to meet deadlines, often on short notice.
- Attention to detail with a penchant for clarity and accuracy.
- Ability to parse through requests and prioritize challenging deadlines.
- Flexible and energetic, with a sense of humor.
- Passion for design excellence.
- Awareness of the expectations of private clients and design professionals.
- Openness to varying communication styles and responsive to feedback.
- Ability to streamline organization of documents, resources, and data.
- Strong experience with Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign), Microsoft Office, and Photoshop.
- Interest in exploring new digital tools.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
- COVID-19 vaccination is required.