We are seeking an industrious Renaissance person to fill a unique full-time Marketing and Business Development (BD) role to support our Marketing Director with the studio’s external and internal communications. As the careful steward of the studio’s marketing assets, this role will maintain and build on the data and materials required of the studio’s marketing efforts and business development pursuits. Applicants skilled in graphic design, writing, photography, and/or videography, with an appreciation for architecture, interior design, and furniture, are encouraged to apply. Applicants must have strong communication and organizational skills and be able to work well independently and collaboratively in a sometimes fast-paced environment.
- Bring new ideas for design and content creation.
- Maintain, develop, and implement document templates.
- Develop graphic branding for design projects and studio marketing assets.
- Assist in development of image-based concept presentations in relation to creative marketing.
- Portfolios. Create and maintain portfolios for BD presentations.
- Qualifications (quals). Create and maintain quals packages.
- Proposals. Assist with visuals for proposal submissions.
- Asset Management. Maintain and feed the Data Asset Management System (DAM) and pipeline. Coordinate the distribution of assets with various parties.
- Social Media. Plan, produce, and implement a social media calendar for multiple platforms (Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter) and attend events to create content.
- Photoshoots. Coordinate and participate in photo and video shoots of INC’s projects and products.
- Standards. Maintain and build on internal graphic standards for digital assets and oversee the pipeline for new assets. Coordinate printing and reprographics as needed.
- Website. Maintain and update website content. Organize and lead any new roll-outs.
- Third Parties. Coordinate with outside agencies, art services, printers, and PR companies.
- Events. Handle the creative/marketing aspects of event planning.
Business Development Responsibilities
- Relationship Management. Support in the maintenance of a comprehensive list of prospective clients and opportunities, researching potential clients for project and furniture licensing opportunities, and suggesting appropriate additions and follow up.
- Technology. Maintain tools and systems for BD Capture, Pipeline, and Impact Assessment. These include a CRM, Project Pipeline, and Reporting.
- Reporting. Work with the Marketing Director to provide analytical reporting to the Partners on a quarterly basis to assess impact of BD and Marketing efforts, including social media engagement and the website.
- Professional Development. Invest in knowledge by attending design workshops, reviewing professional publications, and participating in professional societies.
- Familiarity with Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, Asana, and Slack.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Lightroom).
- Ability to effectively communicate both visually and verbally.
- Ability to think critically, organizationally, and systematically.
- Skill in videography is a plus.
- Fluency in both Mac and PC is a plus.
- Knowledge of the AEC and/or real estate industry is a plus.
- Experience with email marketing (Constant Contact, MailChimp) is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Graphic Design, Visual Arts, Communications, English, Journalism, or similar.
- Experience as an in-house graphic designer, as a marketing assistant at an agency or design firm, or within an editorial setting. Internships acceptable. Experience in marketing communications is a plus.
- Experience working with social media in a professional setting.
- Familiarity with Data Asset Management (DAM) and Content Management System (CMS).
- Candidates must be legally allowed to work in the US.
Studio Description INC Architecture & Design is a multi-disciplinary architecture and design studio working across a wide range of project types. Located in New York City’s SoHo neighborhood, the studio specializes in the integration of architecture and interior design for high-rise residential and commercial office buildings, hotels, restaurants, galleries, retail stores, and private residences across the country.
Benefits This salaried position’s benefits begin after a three-month introductory period. Benefits include two weeks of paid vacation, paid holidays, plus time off between Christmas and New Year’s; health, dental and vision insurance; snacks; beer & coffee on tap, and a 401K.
The salary range for this position is between $55,000 and $80,000 and is dependent upon job-related education, knowledge, and experience. axes will be withheld from salary as per the requirements of the IRS and New York State.
INC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. INC will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If you feel you are qualified, please apply with a cover letter, resume, and a portfolio in PDF to our jobs portal.