AAA Storage is a company that has been the leader in the development of self-storage and light industrial business parks for over 30 years.
AAA Storage is a Real Estate Investment and Development company that specializes in self-storage and business parks throughout the Southern United States and is actively looking for a Lead Architect who will report to the CEO. This is an opportunity to put your architectural knowledge and experience into practice and get “client side” experience and the opportunity to branch out into more areas of the site selection, design, permit, and build process.
- Plans architectural layout, prepares detailed architectural design and layout drawings for light industrial business parks, tenant finish-out and self-storage facilities.
- Prepares specifications and related documents for submission to governmental authorities.
- Prepares building material interface details for review by senior personnel and construction leads.
- Prepares architectural designs and construction drawings using 2-D computer aided design (CAD) and presentation graphics.
- Coordinates work and collaborates with other project engineering disciplines. Review design drawings and documents submitted by suppliers and subcontractors for compliance with architectural and engineering requirements. Provides technical direction and manages subcontractors.
- Works with governmental officials on the review of submitted plans, effectively negotiates “grey” areas in building codes for best possible outcome.
- Can manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines for project submission.
- Assists in preparation of change orders.
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Proactively takes appropriate action without requiring continued direction or guidance.
- Technical knowledge of architectural concepts, techniques, materials and construction methods. Working knowledge of planning, control methods.
- Familiarity with construction practices and economics.
- Knowledge of current computer applications for architectural design including computer aided design (CAD), AutoCAD and/or Revit.
- Current knowledge of architectural industry or regulatory codes and standards and design criteria.
- Skill in assessing the scope of problems and developing cost-effective, timely and practical solutions.
- A minimum of three years of Project Design architecture with a preferred background in light industrial/commercial sectors experience.
- Degree in Architecture.
- Licensed Architect from recognized licensing board.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Requires experience with Revit or AutoCAD.
- Self-storage projects a bonus.
Compensation, Benefits and Work Environment
Base salary and bonus commensurate with experience.
Company paid employee medical.
This is a work-from-home position with the opportunity to travel locally and domestically for projects.
Email to Katrina.K@performentor.com