KAA Design is a leading-edge design studio dedicated to advancing the California lifestyle through contemporary architecture and landscape design. For over 30 years, we have created one-of-a-kind homes that place a premium on comfort and beauty, elevating the rituals of daily life from the mundane to the sublime.
position > landscape project manager
The Landscape Project Manager position at KAA Design is responsible for providing leadership, management and direction to Landscape design projects under the supervision of the Partner in charge, and according to the firm’s vision, mission, and core values.
- Approach all tasks with an eye for design
- Help organize and lead the design vision process
- Assure that project vision is carried through all phases of design
- Help develop design direction through sketches, imagery, diagrams, and other media
- Translate schematic design sketches into tangible design development drawings and construction documents
- Programming and initial project research, including code requirements
- Manage client relationship through phone calls, emails, meetings, meeting minutes, etc.
- Clear communication of client and project goals to the team
- Communicate/resolve project inconsistencies with contractor
- Professional and concise correspondence with team members and consultants
- Manage project time/budget/schedule goals
- Review contract terms, prepare total cost breakdown, review billing
- Prepare project projections and estimate time requirements
- Lead project team towards common goals
- Mentor junior staff by delegating work and providing constructive feedback
- Encourage teamwork and positive team communication
- Inspire team with sincere work ethic
- Identify career goals and actively pursue them
- Continue educational endeavors through lectures, product research, conferences, and keeping up to date on current issues and technology
- Take an active interest in Landscape Architecture and the design field in general
- Be responsible for your own professional development. Ask for what you want and seek out ways to make your mark on each task you undertake
- Accredited professional degree in Landscape Architecture (Bachelors or Master of Landscape Architecture)
- Licensed Landscape Architect preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in high-end, single family residential design
- Must be proficient in BIM (ARCHICAD Preferred)
- Must have knowledge and experience preparing permit, bid, and construction documents
- Must be able to communicate design/construction intent via computer generated sketches or hand drawings
- Must have highly developed written as well as interpersonal communication skills
Submit cover letter, resume and portfolio samples, with indication of your role on the projects submitted, via email only – combined size not to exceed 5MB. We will acknowledge receipts of your information, but due to the volume of resumes received, only candidates being considered for a position will be contacted. KAA Design is an EEO employer.
Please no hard copies, drop-ins or phone calls. All inquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org