SCAPE is a landscape architecture and urban design practice headquartered in New York with offices in New Orleans and San Francisco. We design and advocate for the ecologically restorative and socially engaged landscapes, urban environments, and natural infrastructure of the future.
Our staff of over 90 individuals includes landscape architects, urban planners, architects, ecological designers, horticulturists, and community engagement professionals—and a deep bench of technical expertise related to construction, regulation, and agency review. We work across disciplines, collaborating with architects, developers, engineers, agencies, institutions, foundations, and grassroots environmental justice and community groups on projects across all scales. We believe that creativity doesn’t end with design, it extends through every facet of the practice from initial concepts, through detail development, spec writing, project management, mentorship, professional development and beyond. We are looking for someone to join our team who matches our interests in creativity and innovation who will become an integral member of our practice.
ABOUT THE ROLE
SCAPE is currently seeking a well-rounded landscape designer / project manager to join our team in New York City. Ideal candidates should have 3-5 years in the landscape architecture field with a broad range of skills and interests including, but not limited to 3D modeling and visualizations, illustrative renderings, hand sketching, project management, and technical documentation.
They should be well-versed and enthusiastic about designing landscapes and managing projects across a variety of scales. All candidates should be highly organized and eager to work in a highly collaborative, energetic environment on projects through all stages of design. They should be self-motivated, detail oriented, and possess good communication skills.
This position is based in our New York headquarters. Please note that SCAPE highly values in-person collaboration and operates on a 3-days in-person and 2-days flex remote policy.
A successful candidate will possess:
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture or related field from an accredited University program.
- 3-5 years working in the landscape architecture profession.
- Collaborative disposition and iterative workflow with an eye for good design.
- Strong communication and presentation skills for internal collaboration, consultant coordination, and client relationships.
- Experience working on documentation sets and technical development of complex and unique projects.
- Comfortability working on multi-disciplinary external teams with extensive coordination between SCAPE and the consultant teams and complex client groups.
- Demonstrated experience leading internal project teams through phases from concept through construction including required agency reviews, bidding, and construction administration.
- Able to create workplans, prioritize and delegate tasks, guide junior designers through all phases of a project, and manage budgets, staffing, and projections,
- High level of proficiency in computer programs including MS Office, AutoCAD, Rhino, and the Adobe Suite. Proficiency in Lumion and/or other three-dimensional modeling and visualization software is a plus.
DEADLINE & SUBMISSION
Applications are due by October 18, 2023
Please upload your professional Resume, work sample and any additional required materials to the application portal at www.scapestudio.com/contact.