LANDSCAPE DESIGN ASSOCIATE
Farm Design LLC is looking for an entry-level Landscape Designer or Architect to join our growing team.
Farm Design LLC is a landscape design firm based in Shelter Island, NY. Our work celebrates native and natural systems while also retaining a focus on design excellence. We apply our skills and knowledge as landscape architects, designers, environmentalists, and horticulturists to create regenerative landscapes that engage natural frameworks and support local ecology. We are looking for team members who share our interest in creating evocative native and sustainable landscapes and who are articulate, passionate, and willing to invest to learn their craft. For examples of our work, please visit www.farmdesignllc.com.
- Assisting Project Manager with all phases and all aspects of design work, beginning with schematic design presentations through construction documents and beyond.
- Prepare graphics for site analysis, schematic design ideas, 2-d and 3-d digital models, design development studies, and construction documents.
- Assist with site work, which includes meeting contractors, discussing design goals with clients, documenting existing landscape features, assessing the health and viability of both existing and new landscapes, preparing meeting notes, and more.
- Prepare and request for pricing documents using Excel, analyze and compare bids, follow up with contractors, and more.
- Proficiency in Auto Cad, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Rhino, and SketchUp.
- Excellent graphic skills and aesthetics.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Responsible, self-motivated, and detail oriented.
- Professional friendly demeanor, as well as excellent verbal and written skills.
- Knowledge and or willingness to learn landscape installation and maintenance requirements.
- Experience with plants and planting, or demonstrated interest in ecology and ecological processes.
- Familiarity with local building materials and their construction.
- Must have your own car transportation, mileage is reimbursed.
The Landscape Design Associate will be expected to work in the office as well as on-site at client properties. This is a hybrid workplace. However, the candidate will ideally be located within a reasonable distance of the East End of Long Island in order to visit properties and monitor projects.
Please submit a resume and cover letter as a single .pdf, and 3 references. Submit a separate portfolio either as a .pdf (no larger than 10MB) or attach a web link to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. This is a full-time position. Salary is $75,000-$80,000 and is based on experience. Health Insurance, FSA (Flexible Spending Account), Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holiday, and Sick), Flexible Hours, Continuing Education reimbursement, and 401(k) matching are provided. We are an equal-opportunity employer.