Snøhetta is an international, interdisciplinary architecture and landscape architecture firm with offices in Oslo, New York, San Francisco and Innsbruck. The US offices are working on architectural, interior, and landscape architecture projects associated with libraries, performance spaces, master plans, academia, waterfronts, park planning, urban redevelopments, and public plazas throughout the Americas. The New York studio is seeking a Landscape Project Manager who is committed to the creation and development of exemplary landscape architecture from concept through execution.
The position will require high level design skills and leadership ability. Together with firm Partners and Directors, the Project Manager will help define and carry out project vision. The PM is expected to develop and maintain relationships with the Client and other Stakeholders and Consultants, together with Directors and Partners, with increasing responsibility as projects progress.
Beyond the requirements listed below, we are looking for a candidate with experience in the following areas: Strategy, Programming, Urban Design, and Master Planning. Experience in all of these areas is not a requirement, but experience in more than one is preferred.
The ideal candidate must possess:
- Professional degree or license in landscape architecture
- At least 7-10 years of professional landscape design experience
- Previous experience through all phases of design
- Experience carrying projects through technical design
- Experience working with a range of consultants and large project teams, including associate landscape, civil, electrical, traffic and structural engineers.
- Proven ability to lead and coordinate multidisciplinary teams
- Diverse project experience with an emphasis on urban public space projects
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Rhino, Adobe CS, Word and Excel
- Knowledge of grading design, planting design, materials and technical aspects of landscape architecture
- Experience creating and participating in client presentations
- A high degree of self-motivation, flexibility and resourcefulness
- Capacity to lead a lead a team to refine design concepts
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong organizational skills
The following is typical of someone who thrives in our studio:
- Presents a high degree of self-motivation, flexibility and resourcefulness
- Promotes collaboration across all disciplines, with both professional and administrative teammates
- Has a vested interest and experience working with physical models and drawings, including both digital and analog exploratory methods of design
- Provides and receives feedback in a thoughtful, respectful and supportive way
- Has strong organizational and time management skills
- Works with a sense of energy, passion and personal responsibility
- Says and does the right things to make teammates feel understood, appreciated and included
- Is comfortable sharing accolades and praise while also being open to receive constructive criticism
- Please submit your application to our resume database
- We review applications on a continuous basis. Due to the large amount of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- No phone calls or emails please