Margie Ruddick Landscape located in Tarrytown, NY, is seeking a full-time Landscape Designer or Landscape Architect with construction experience for our small, fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative firm. This position will entail the site design, planning, coordination, and construction administration of projects at a range of scales, the majority of which are based in New York City, Long Island, the Hudson Valley, Westchester and Fairfield Counties.
Applicants must have experience in landscape design, project management, and construction for residential projects and small, mid-size, and large development projects. The ideal candidate will have at minimum 3-5 years of work experience in a landscape architecture firm in the US. A background in an allied profession is a plus. Professional registration is a plus. Opportunity to work from home a few days/week is available.
- Design and management of drawings for projects of different scales and different stages in the design process
- Project management and coordination between clients, consultant teams, and contractors
- Conduct site visits and provide construction solutions
- Initiate tasks, organize, and see projects through completion within a timeline
- Preparation of and the ability to give verbal, visual, and oral presentations to clients, municipal staff and boards, community members, etc.
- Collaborate with and support team members
- Demonstrated ability in Site Assessment, Design, and Planning at macro and micro (details) scales
- Field experience in landscape design and construction
- Demonstrated problem-solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Project management and coordination experience
- Professional Landscape Architecture degree (BLA or MLA) or related field
- Effective time management ability with attention to detail
- AutoCAD and Adobe Suite software
- Strong design and writing skills
- Clear communication, organization, and presentation skills
Candidates are required to submit a resume, cover letter, portfolio (no more than 15 MB). Please send inquiries and application materials to Lillian Luu, firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reviewing your work.