PROJECT MANAGER/LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT
Farm Design LLC is a landscape design firm based in Shelter Island, NY. Our work celebrates native and natural systems while also retaining a focus on design excellence. We apply our skills and knowledge as landscape architects, designers, environmentalists, and horticulturists to create regenerative landscapes that engage natural frameworks and support local ecology. We are looking for team members who share our interest in creating evocative native and sustainable landscapes and who are articulate, passionate, and willing to invest to learn their craft. For examples of our work, please visit www.farmdesignllc.com.
We are currently in the process of renaming and rebranding Farm Landscape Design to better reflect what we do, and for whom we do it. We specialize in restoration and rewilding but also offer more traditional landscape design services as well.
- Lead multiple landscape architecture projects from schematic design through construction observation and installation.
- Responsible for the production, organization, coordination, and accuracy of both presentation and construction documents.
- Manage project schedule and workflow.
- Communicate with and coordinate the efforts of project team members, clients, consultants, and contractors.
- Research and specify construction materials.
- Take an active role during installation, attend site meetings, clarify and confirm design intent, and review submittals and shop drawings.
- Coach and mentor junior staff.
- Promote regenerative design solutions.
- BS or MS in Landscape Architecture or Architecture.
- 3-5 years experience working as a landscape designer or architect. Preferred candidates will have project management experience.
- Computer Skills: Competent in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, Rhino, or other 3D software (We are a Mac-based office).
- Experience with all aspects of Design Services from Schematic Design through Construction Observation.
- Knowledge and Experience preparing RFPs and Budgets.
- Strong familiarity and understanding of Construction Practices, Building Methods, Sequences, and Codes. Experience preparing construction documents and specifications.
- Ability to coordinate Multiple Projects and Deadlines.
- Responsible, hard-working, self-motivated, and detail-oriented.
- Professional friendly demeanor, as well as excellent verbal and written skills.
- Shared Design aesthetic with strong graphic skills.
- Personal transportation is required. Mileage reimbursed.
The Project Manager will be expected to work in the office as well as on-site at client properties. This is a hybrid workplace. However, the candidate will ideally be located within a reasonable distance of the East End of Long Island in order to visit properties and monitor projects.
Please submit a resume and cover letter as a single .pdf and 3 references. Submit a separate portfolio either as a .pdf (no larger than 10MB) or attach a web link to: firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls, please. This is a full-time position. Salary is $90,000-$105,000 and is based on experience. Health Insurance, FSA (Flexible Spending Account), Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holiday, and Sick), Flexible Hours, Continuing Education reimbursement, and 401(k) matching are provided. We are an equal-opportunity employer.