Belt Collins Hawaii is a multidisciplinary consulting firm providing civil and environmental engineering, planning and landscape architectural services that has shaped outdoor environments in Hawai‘i and throughout the Pacific, in Europe and the Middle East since 1953.
We are looking for a Landscape Architect I to join our team. This person will be working on and leading a full range of assignments in delivery of all project phases and administration, as well as scoping work and developing the project approach and work plans for support projects. Landscape projects could include, master plans through detail design plans for construction, hospitality resorts, mixed use commercial, residential, recreational, transportation, or instructional type projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum five years of progressive experience in Landscape Architecture.
- Licensed Professional Landscape Architect preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office, AutoCAD Civil 3D and Photoshop is required. Experience with ArcGIS software, SketchUp, InDesign, and other graphics software is a plus.
- Strong hand graphics skills for both plan and perspective sketches.
- Competency with the Adobe Creative Suite is necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Able to work independently as well in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience in proactive and reactive marketing.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to self-edit and effectively communicate design ideas.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Designs and manages landscape architecture projects and teams.
- Develops, modifies and reviews drawings for landscape architecture projects.
- Demonstrates creative thinking abilities and contributes to firm wide design excellence and problem solving.
- Demonstrates understanding of the relationship between design and constructability.
- Incorporates integrated sustainable design solutions into projects.
- Participates in managing client relationships.
- Assures that company document standards are met, and archives documents appropriately.
- Assists in preparation of proposals; participates in interviews and public presentations.
- Understands company agreements, contracts and deliverables
- Participates in professional organizations and events.
- Proactively engages staff and provides opportunities for development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Please apply online at: https://bchdesign.com/careers/