LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT ASSOCIATE
Farm Landscape Design is based in East Hampton, NY. Our work celebrates native and natural systems while also retaining a focus on design excellence. We are looking for team members who share our interest in creating evocative native and sustainable landscapes and who are articulate, passionate, and willing to invest to learn their craft. It is our belief that working on all aspects of building a landscape provides valuable insight and will help deepen design skills. For examples of our work please visit www.farmdesignllc.com.
- Assisting Project Manager with all phases and all aspects of design work, beginning with schematic design presentations through construction documents and beyond.
- Prepare graphics for site analysis, schematic design ideas, 2-d and 3-d digital models, design development studies, and construction documents.
- Assist with site work, which includes meeting contractors, discussing design goals with clients, documenting existing landscape features, assessing the health and viability of both existing and new landscapes, preparing meeting notes and more
- Prepare and request for pricing documents using excel, analyze and compare bids, follow up with contractors and more.
- Proficiency in Auto Cad, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and Sketch Up
- Excellent graphic skills and aesthetics
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Responsible, self-motivated and detail oriented
- Professional friendly demeanor, as well as excellent verbal and written skills.
- Knowledge and or willing to learn landscape installation and maintenance requirements
- Experience with plants and planting, or demonstrated interest in ecology and ecological processes
- Familiarity of local building materials and their construction
- Must have your own car transportation, mileage is reimbursed
Please submit a resume and cover letter as a single .pdf, and 3 references. Submit separate portfolio either as a .pdf (no larger than 10MB) or attach a web link to: email@example.com
No phone calls please.
This is a full-time position. Salary is commensurate with experience. Health and retirement benefits offered. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.