GSLA Studio is an accomplished Landscape Architecture practice with projects throughout Southern California. We strongly believe in the power of good design to transform everyday experience. Our work responds to the integrity inherent in a site and brings to each project a strong engagement with the dynamic experience of a place and the importance of practical, as well as poetic considerations. Working across scale and spectrum to meet the needs of each project, we engage in process and focus on outcomes that bring a semblance of balance and beauty to the landscape. Collaboration is a cornerstone of our practice and our relationships with clients, architects and consultants are paramount to the success of our work.
We are looking for a self-motivated, passionate, articulate designer with experience in the project management and design development of landscape projects. The candidate should be comfortable communicating and collaborating with contractors, clients and other team members in the development of design and construction drawings.
- Work with Principals on landscape architecture projects from conceptual design through construction administration, including management of sub-consultants as needed.
- The production, organization, coordination of construction and presentation documents.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgement in the performance of duties.
- Work on multiple projects in various stages of development simultaneously and work cooperatively with the principal team to ensure design integrity and graphic consistency.
- Communicate with and coordinate the efforts of project team members, clients, consultants, contractors and agency officials.
- Manage project schedule and workflow.
- Research and specify materials, products and systems.
- Attend job-site meetings, issue supplemental instructions, review submittals and shop drawings during the Construction Administration phase.
- Strong English communication skills are essential to success in this position.
SKILLS REQUIRED IN THE FOLLOWING:
- MAC OSX – we are a MAC based office
- MS Office Suite
- Adobe Design Suite
- Hand sketching
Please send resumes, cover letters and examples of design or drafting work in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org