SmithGroup is an award-winning, multinational integrated design firm with a team of 1,300 experts across 15 offices in the U.S. and China. We employ research, data, advanced technologies and design thinking to help clients solve their greatest challenges. Our specialists develop beautiful, sustainable, future-focused solutions for healthcare providers, science and technology organizations, higher education and cultural institutions, urban environments, diverse workplaces, mixed-use and waterfront developments, and parks and open spaces. We are deeply committed to our promise to Design a Better Future – for our clients, communities and employees. Are you ready to help us get there?
We have an opportunity for a Junior Project Manager at the Sacramento jobsite office with our design team, contractor partner and client.
Working with us, you will:
- Work with Senior Project Manager with coordinating contracts, assisting with staffing needs and establishing and executing project work plans for a large-size healthcare project.
- Maintain full-time presence at the jobsite office
- Develop and manage positive client relationships and work as the client’s advocate by identifying and balancing client expectations within the context of contractual obligations, corporate goals, and client satisfaction.
- Communicate with all project participants, internal staff, consultants, clients, owners, contractors and jurisdictions in an effective and collaborative manner.
- Develop and define project schedule to meet contractual obligations and to match team size and skill. Establish and update project staffing requirements, on an ongoing basis, consistent with contractual obligations.
- Provide technical and administrative supervision of the multi-disciplinary project staff assuring the technical, administrative and schedule targets are met within the framework of corporate policy and in accordance with applicable professional and corporate standards. Take responsibility for overall client satisfaction, service, quality and financial performance.
- Manage project communiques, delivery and deliverables to ensure the highest quality of documentation and professionalism.
An ideal candidate has:
- A bachelor’s degree in Architecture or equivalent.
- Minimum 7 years of progressive professional experience leading medium to large-scale projects of varying types and complexity.
- LEED AP and Architectural Registration preferred. Experience and ability are major contributors in lieu of Architectural Registration.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working in a multi-disciplinary team setting, collaborating, mentoring and client satisfaction.
- Thorough knowledge of the entire project delivery process and ability to lead design efforts through all project stages, including leadership with the client, contractors, and internal team.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, AutoCAD, and Adobe Creative Cloud Suite. Experience using Deltek Vision for financial management, reporting and resource planning preferred.
- A highly collaborative attitude and work style.
Only candidates who meet these requirements will be considered.
Interested in joining us? Get started today by clicking the link:
SmithGroup offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
SmithGroup is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or arrest/conviction records.