POP Architecture offers a comprehensive approach to architecture, design and project execution providing personalized, attentive and expedient service to a broad range of residential, commercial and institutional clients. We create spaces that inspire and excite, offering unexpected and inventive design solutions.
POP architecture is seeking a Junior Project Architect to work collaboratively on high end single family houses, apartment renovations as well as opportunities for institutional and commercial projects. We are looking for creative, inventive talent to join our highly skilled team.
Excellent opportunity for hands-on experience and responsibility for all aspects of a project, from concept design through construction administration. Candidates should be able to work in a collaborative environment, be creative, self-organized and bridge well between the architecture and interiors. Candidates with experience in NYC residential architecture is a plus.
Candidates are expected to have laptop or desktop at home with internet connection and will be able to communicate through both Zoom and GoTo Meeting applications during the work week.
- Excellent presentation skills to communicate design through highly developed diagrams
- Proficiency with Rhino, familiarity with Grasshopper and ability to manipulate complex geometries
- Proficiency in Autocad, Photoshop, In-Design, Illustrator, Microsoft Office and Excel required
- Familiarity with working drawings
- Ability to come up with multiple schemes with creative design solutions
- Generate drawing sets under supervision
- Experience with residential architecture
- Responsible for design and execution of a project through all phases of design and construction
- Interface with clients, consultants, building management and city agencies
- Willingness to take day trips for sites outside the city
- Attend site meetings and address questions and issues as they arise
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to multi-task and meet project deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with other team members
- Drivers License and willingness to travel to a jobsite is preferred
- Health Insurance, 80% paid by us – no waiting period
- Two weeks paid vacation, plus closed between Christmas and New Years
- Salary commensurate with experience
Please email your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.