Junior / Intermediate Designer Studio Michael Ellison decorates and designs homes, hotels and commercial spaces that are warm and inviting and approachable, regardless if they are 50 Shades of white or a grouping of earth tones. With each design project we view as an opportunity to tell a story with our clients and to create a new language of living for them. Equally important: it’s the opportunity to grow as artists and creators in the magical field.
We are currently seeking applicants for Junior and/or Intermediate Designers to join our New York studio. The ideal candidate will be proactive with a desire to work in a collaborative team environment to generate creative design solutions.
- Collaborating in a design team, developing design concepts, producing drawings and 2D and 3D images during all project phases.
- Sourcing furniture, fabrics, accessories
- Building presentations and attending client meetings
- Working on schedules such as paint schedules, creating and updating FFE tracking sheets, budgets.
- 2 -5 years of experience in the interiors world.
- Experience with mid and large-scale residential furniture plans and installations.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Office Suite, Adobe Suite and Sketch up
- Ability to work effectively in a team atmosphere.
- Strong design skills; creativity.
- Design (more than anything) to learn and grow as an artist and creator.
- Travel is involved – so valid passport is needed, and valid driver’s license.
*Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the US.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and portfolio samples to Office@StudioMichaelEllison.com. Include ‘JUNIOR /INTERMEDIATE DESIGNER’ in the subject field. Salary for position is based on experience and will be discussed at time of interview.