SGVA, a women-owned architecture firm based in Brooklyn, is looking for a talented Junior/Mid-Level Technical Architect to join our team. We are a design-oriented office that works to improve and enhance our city and our region. We work on a variety of project types and scales, including single family homes, affordable housing and educational institutions, and our clients include local educational, non-profit and cultural organizations.
We are seeking a Junior/Mid-Level Technical Architect with the following general attributes:
- Problem solver with an interest in building technology, construction techniques, and architectural detail
- Basic knowledge of building components and systems required, including structural and MEP. Experience in commercial or multi-family residential construction (or construction administration for same) is a plus
- Familiarity with NYC Building Code
- Able to effectively prioritize and maintain design intent in the construction phase while respecting construction schedules and cost
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Able to communicate effectively with team members, clients and consultants
- Self-starter with aptitude to learn and grasp new concepts quickly, and with a willingness to accept new challenges
- Requires drafting experience and technical proficiency to develop technical drawing details in CAD and Revit with a focus on constructability, energy efficiency, and durability
Specifically, this role involves the following:
- Construction Detailing – Produce and develop technical drawings and details
- Construction Administration:
- Survey and document existing conditions in the field
- Attend site meetings; create and distribute meeting minutes and field reports.
- Review submittals and answer RFI’s
- Review change orders
- Manage punch lists
- Maintain/distribute project plans
- Maintain/update project records
- Understand and research appropriate building codes
- Specifications Support:
- Specify lighting, plumbing, and appliances for specific projects
- Research construction materials and systems
- Develop and edit specifications sections
- Develop an internal system for managing and creating project spec books
Applicants should have at least 3 years of relevant work experience and a professional architectural degree. Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, MS Office, and the Adobe creative suite required; energy modeling, building science and sustainability certifications a plus. We offer a salary range of $60-80,000 based on experience as well as a substantial benefits package.
To learn more about our practice, please visit: www.sgvarch.com. If you are interested in joining our team of creative and energetic architects and designers, we would welcome your application. Applicants should currently be living in the New York metropolitan area and be available to start work within three to four weeks of an offer of employment. This position is 100% in-office.
Please send your cover letter, resume and examples of your work as a single PDF, no larger than 5MB, to firstname.lastname@example.org.