Schedule: Monday- Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm
Status: Full time, exempt
Benefits: 1 week paid vacation, 11 paid holidays (including 1 full week in December), mileage reimbursement, FSA & Dependent Care plan, health care and 401K.
Farmscape is the largest urban farming venture in the country, with headquarters in Los Angeles (Frogtown) and Oakland. We design, install, and maintain urban farms and sustainable landscapes for residences, restaurants, agrihoods and commercial sites. For more information, please visit our website at www.farmscapegardens.com
In this position, you will work with the Farmscape Design Team in the creation of documentation packages for projects in various phases; from schematic design to construction documentation for projects of many scales. You will be a daily user of AutoCAD, Google Suite and Adobe Creative Suite Programs. Farmscape is a design-build company which means you will be coordinating with our installation team in the field on occasion. You will be asked to communicate with vendors, generate plant lists, place orders and be expected to visit jobsites to lay out plant materials, take soil samples and document job progress.
- Strong understanding of AutoCAD (2014 or later)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch-up, Google Suite programs
- 2-5 years experience in a Landscape Architecture / Landscape Design office
- Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture or related field
- Strong verbal and graphic communication skills
- Well-rounded plant knowledge, with a focus on edibles, fruit trees and California natives
- Organized, energetic, enthusiastic, self-starter
- Creative problem-solving mindset
- Exceptional time management skills, highly organized and ability to complete projects
- Flexible, open-minded with the ability to take constructive feedback
- Construction Project management experience is a plus
- High-end residential landscape design is a plus
- Personal vehicle for jobsite visits is a plus
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits for full-time staff include 1 week paid vacation, 11 paid holidays (including 1 full week in December), mileage reimbursement, FSA & Dependent Care plan, health care and 401K.
To apply, please email the following :
- Resume and Cover Letter outlining your previous work experience and interest in the position
- Portfolio of conceptual and completed projects – please showcase your range of talents
- Three professional references