Workshop/APD is a collaborative group of creative problem solvers. We specialize in luxury single-family home design, hospitality, and high-end commercial development from Aspen to Nantucket, Chicago to the Bahamas, and Manhattan to London. We actively leverage our experience to solve design challenges with innovative solutions. We embrace craft and the authenticity of materials we have a fascination with technology. Above all we have a commitment to modern design ideals.
We are looking for a junior to intermediate interior designer to join our team and work on residential projects. The candidate should have design experience on high-end residential projects where he/she was involved in all phases of the interior design process. The ideal candidate would be a gifted designer who is organized and able to vision and manage parts of a project.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Pricing out of all selections, vendor correspondence, all sample requests and returns
- Sourcing of secondary furniture, lighting and fabrics and finishes
- Updating and maintaining Furniture plans in AutoCAD
- Creating, updating and Maintaining Elevations in CAD as Rendered elevations
- Working with Senior Designers and Design Director to prepare client presentation
- Maintaining and managing project budgets and timelines and overall day to day project needs and expectations
Requirements & Qualifications
- Professional Degree in Interior Design or related field
- Be able to showcase finished work in your portfolio and discuss what your role was
- Minimum 2 years’ experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Excel, Studio WebWare (this is a plus but not mandatory) and all Adobe programs
- Passionate, self-motivated designer, ready for fast paced and hard workload
- Ability to work in a team and manage yourself, those below you and relay all information to the senior staff
Workshop/APD offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, matched 401(k) plan, short- and long-term disability, education reimbursement program, performance bonus, and personal time off (vacation, sick leave, holidays, and personal days). Salary is commensurate with experience.
Salary Range: $60,000 – $90,000