Fogarty Finger, an award-winning architecture firm seeks a Junior Interior Architect or Interior Designer to support the hospitality + corporate office interiors team. We are looking for a detail-oriented, entrepreneurial-spirited, and well-rounded designer to join our team. The position entails assisting in all project phases from concept through installation, including vendor communication and procurement. The candidate should possess good spatial sense, an eye for detail and a strong ability to communicate graphically. Knowledge of the interior design and specification process as well as the more technical side of design (construction documents, details, plans, elevations, etc) is required. Candidate must possess a strong ability to switch gears between scales and phases of projects with enthusiasm and work on multiple projects at once. Interest and experience in hospitality and corporate interiors including public amenity spaces is preferred.
- Minimum 1 to 3 years relevant post-graduate US experience, Experience with corporate and commercial NYC projects would be a plus
- Professional architectural degree from an accredited institution
- Experience in wide range of projects including high end commercial, amenity and corporate interiors
- Strong Proficiency with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and 3D and rendering programs; Sketchup and Enscape preferred; Revit is a plus
- Ability to multi-task and manage various projects simultaneously
- Ability to translate concepts into functional architectural / construction designs
- Talented in preparation of presentation material and sourcing of finishes and specifications
- Strong conceptual & spatial design ability
- Strong design, communication, organizational and collaborative skills
- Excellent problem solver with good listening skills and strong follow through
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced and rigorous environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
- Ability to travel within NYC metro area for regular site visits, surveys and meetings
For more information…. Please visit www.fogartyfinger.com
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Chris Fogarty and Robert Finger founded the firm in 2003 and it has rapidly become a major New York City design practice. We have considerable experience delivering complete architecture and interior design packages for residential and commercial projects of every type and size. Our design studio is both nimble and creative, providing fresh and elegant solutions to the most complex projects. The firm’s thorough and professional approach results in positive and lasting relationships with our clients.
- 1 PDF w/ cover letter, resume (with references) and samples of relevant work (both academic and professional). The file must be saved as: yourname_ffa_junior_interior
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Submit application to email@example.com with the subject heading “Junior Interior Architect”. File size must not exceed 5MB
- Please no phone calls and walk-ins