Workshop/APD is an award-winning multidisciplinary design and architecture firm. From modern penthouses and seaside retreats to luxury residential developments and groundbreaking hotels and restaurants, our projects are uniquely defined by a sense of place and purpose and a desire to ultimately enhance the user’s experience through exceptional design. Our aesthetic is timelessly modern but site-specific, unbound by project type or a singular style. Our diverse and collaborative team of architects, interior designers and product designers leverage their vast and highly varied experiences to solve complex design challenges, resulting in spaces that are exceptionally beautiful and accessible.
We are currently seeking a full-time Junior Hospitality Designer with design experience in the Architecture/Interior Design industry with a particular emphasis on Hotel and Hospitality design. Residential design experience is a plus but not required.
The candidate should have strong design experience on hospitality projects with involvement in all phases of the design and creative process. Candidates must have high level digital modelling and rendering skills. The ideal candidate would be a gifted designer who is organized and able to vision and manage all parts of a project.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand project requirements and the development of design concepts
- Produce client presentations
- Source products and materials
- Model and render Architectural projects and design concepts
- Prepare working drawings, designs, plans and models
- Work well in teams with lead designers and project managers
Requirements & Qualifications
- Professional degree in Architecture/Interior Design, or related field
- Experience in restaurant, hotel, or multi-family development a plus
- 1-3 years of experience in a firm is ideal
- Proficient in Revit and all Adobe programs
- Highly capable in 3D Studio Max, Rhino or Sketchup
- Passionate, self-motivated, and able to work in a team environment on a wide range of project sizes
Workshop/APD offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision, profit sharing 401(k) plan, short- and long-term disability, commuter benefits, IDP mentorship and ARE/AXP reimbursement, discretionary bonus, and personal time off (vacation, sick, holidays, and personal days). Salary is commensurate with experience.
Salary Range: $60,000 – $75,000
Please send your resume and work samples/portfolio here. Applications without work samples/portfolio are not eligible for further consideration. Please no phone calls and/or office visits.