Junior Façade Designer, New York
Buro Ehring is a young and diverse multi-disciplinary firm of engineers and architects based in Downtown Manhattan. At BuroEhring, we fuse the creative design process with advanced detailing, engineering, and analysis techniques for facades, structures, and specialty designs.
Buro Ehring is currently seeking a talented and motivated Junior Façade Designer with a background in architecture or engineering who aspires to the highest standards of excellence to join our close-knit team of professionals. We are looking for candidates interested in a long-term position with incredible growth opportunities.
- 1-3 years of professional architectural or engineering experience; ideally focused on building envelope and façade design and construction
- Professional degree in Architecture or Engineering from an accredited university
- Adequate knowledge of enclosure and/or roofing and waterproofing design and detailing over a range of system types, as well as experience with building science analytics
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Required, prior exposure to the AutoCAD plug-in ATHENA a plus
- Proficiency in Rhinoceros Required
- Proficiency in Grasshopper a plus, including Ladybug and Honeybee
- Proficiency in Revit a plus
- Prior experience with LBNL THERM, Window, and Radiance a plus
- Prior experience with energy modeling a plus
- Prior experience with COMcheck / REScheck a plus
- Practical knowledge of building codes and technical details
- Ability to work independently as well as the capacity to work effectively within a team
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Assisting Project Managers in a multi-disciplinary project environment.
- Design of a large array of interesting façade types and building envelopes from Schematic Design through Construction Administration for a variety of clients including architects, real estate developers, and specialty façade contractors
- Drafting 2D details in AutoCAD and preparing 3D mock-up models in Rhinoceros
- Thermal analysis and condensation risk analysis of facades using THERM and Window
- Daylighting analysis and energy analytics using Ladybug, Honeybee, and Radiance
- Coordinating façade design and details with architectural, structural, and MEP drawings
- Preparation of building envelope drawing sets and/or energy models for energy code compliance in AutoCAD and Revit
BuroEhring is an equal opportunity employer who offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401K, discounts on gym memberships, commuter transit cards, and paid time off. If interested, please email a cover letter, resume, and professional work sample with the subject line “Junior Façade Designer” to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing about you and meeting you to discuss opportunities with BuroEhring! www.buroehring.com