Diller Scofidio + Renfro is an interdisciplinary design studio that integrates architecture, the visual arts, and the performing arts. Based in New York City, Diller Scofidio + Renfro is led by four partners who work collaboratively with a staff of 100 architects, artists and administrators.
We are currently seeking a Junior Designer with strong 3D rendering skills for immediate hiring. The ideal candidate must possess a variety of skills including standard 2-D architectural drawing skills as well as digital modeling and Photoshop. Applicants must be attentive to details and have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Digital modeling, digital rendering, Photoshop and animations for competitions and early stage design projects
- Working as a team member on competitions and early stage design projects
- Assistance with project research and data compilation to be used in design process
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture (minimum)
- Minimum 2 years of professional working experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility in design and ability to take direction, feedback, and observations with a positive attitude
- Proficiency with design and rendering software: Rhino/Enscape/Vray/AutoCAD (Additional modelling knowledge such as Rhino SubD, Blender, Maya, and 3ds Max are a plus, modelling and drafting in Revit is also preferred.)
Please send CV and portfolio in PDF format of maximum 10MB email to firstname.lastname@example.org Be sure to indicate your specific involvement in each project in your portfolio. Please include the position title “Junior Designer with Strong 3D Rendering Skills” in the subject line.
Please limit correspondence to email at this time.
This is a Full Time – In Studio position. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience ranging from $60k to $75k depending on experience, excluding bonuses and other benefits. This is a good faith estimate based on the expectations as laid out in the job description. DS+R offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, Safe Harbor 401k plan, reimbursement and mentoring for AREs and yearly performance reviews.
DS+R is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.