Shigeru Ban Architects is a critically acclaimed global practice with offices based in Tokyo, Paris and New York. We are seeking to fill positions for compensated Internships in our New York Office for this summer, 2023.
To support our schedule, qualified candidates must currently be available for interviews in New York City (Interviews may be via video conference). We intend to hire by May, 2023.
SBAA Internship Schedule and Minimum Degree Qualifications:
SBAA Internships are scheduled for the summer – approximately 4 months minimum, between the Spring and Fall Terms. When possible, we may offer an extension through the Fall Semester.
SBAA Internships are open to Graduates of Accredited Architecture Degree Programs only. Applicants must hold a completed architecture degree – M. Arch or B. Arch. Prior work experience, during summer Internships, in the United States is recommended for this position.
Candidates must have exceptional design and presentation skills. We work with physical as well as digital models.
All applicants shall have experience:
- Modeling and rendering design concepts.
- Organizing sets of presentation documents.
- Familiarity with construction documents including plans, sections and details.
- Building physical models.
- Working collaboratively with small fast-paced teams.
- Managing time independently to meet deadlines.
- A team oriented and highly collaborative mind-set.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Fluent or Business Level English Language proficiency.
- Valid United States work permit.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Architecture (as described above).
- Software Proficiency Requirements: Rhino modeling, AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite proficiency are required. Rendering skills (V-Ray, Lumion or Enscape) are strongly recommended. Revit experience is a plus.
For consideration, please submit applications via Archinect’s online job application center. Include letter, resume, work samples, and 2 reference contacts and/or reference letters.
Please respond only if you meet the above requirements and all requested information is provided. Please do not e-mail or call the office as we are unable to respond to inquiries due to the number of applications received.