For four decades, Cooper Robertson has been recognized for the design of innovative, sustainable and thriving places. Our practice integrates architecture and urban design across all scales, from individual buildings to parks and city districts. We are seeking a highly motivated Junior Designer who takes initiative and will excel in an atmosphere of exploration, research, and design.
The office operates as a collective of architects who work closely together to wed practicality and architectural rigor with art and design. Acclaimed works by the firm include major cultural and educational buildings, exceptional residences and resorts, and large-scale urban redevelopments and campus master plans. Recent projects include the Whitney Museum of American Art, Studio Museum in Harlem, Drury University Business School, St. Louis Gateway Arch Museum, Georgia State University Master Plan, and Edible Academy in the New York Botanical Garden.
- Contribute significantly to the design process, working collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams of consultants.
- Prepare design and construction drawings for a range of project types.
- Participate in construction phases of both architectural and public realm projects.
- Develop presentation graphics, reports, 2d and 3d analytic and conceptual drawings, digital and physical models.
- Engage in firm-wide design discussions and research initiatives.
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience.
- Professional architectural degree required; advanced degree and degree / concentration in urban design or planning a plus.
- Experience in architectural design; additional experience with urban design and planning preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in REVIT, AutoCAD, Rhino, Adobe Graphics Suite, GIS, and Microsoft Office.
- Active participation in IDP and on licensure track. LEED accreditation or other green building professional certification is a plus.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, work samples (max 10MB), and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Junior Designer” in the subject line. Cooper Robertson is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a competitive, comprehensive benefits package.