House & Robertson Architects is a Los Angeles-based firm,
with locations in San Francisco & Houston, dedicated exclusively to providing executive architect / architect of record services to visionary partners from around the globe. Highly collaborative and efficient, HRA specializes in effective project delivery. We utilize strong leadership, experience and expertise to lead teams, develop creative solutions, and manage the unknowns. We intently balance cost, performance and aesthetics to execute great design. See our previous work on our website www.hrarch.com
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Junior Architectural Staff position is responsible for the development and coordination of the project through the design, production, and construction phases and works directly with the senior leader, project manager, and intermediate staff in confirming the design program, scope of work, and delivery requirements. Junior Architectural Staff shall demonstrate an understanding of construction, building materials, and construction detailing and will be responsible for the documentation of the project. Junior Architectural Staff should be able to demonstrate professional knowledge in design to meet governmental regulations, zoning and building codes, and current building industry standards.
The Junior Architectural Staff participates in the production coordination of the design and construction documents and works with intermediate staff and consultants to ensure the drawing and specifications are coordinated and properly represent the design intent.
The Junior Architectural Staff is expected to demonstrate professional knowledge, attention to detail, design sense, and sound judgment. Continuous learning and staying current with professional and technical developments are required.
- Work with intermediate staff to gather appropriate project data, set up project files, and determine applicable governmental regulations and codes
- Collaborates with the project designer on establishing building criteria and material palette
- Communication with the project and consultant team
- Work with intermediate staff to develop and meet the delivery schedule
- Develop cartoon set of drawing sets and outline specifications
- Document any program or scope changes
- Prepare initial code checks and floor area analysis to be reviewed with intermediate staff
- Prepare Building Permit Submittal Set
- Maintain Office Record set of Documents
- Construction Administration activities including RFI’s, Shop Drawing and submittal review, clarifications, Change Orders, and site field observation reports
- Assist in close-out procedure
- Assist less experienced team members with architectural questions and office practices, and mentor more junior staff
This position requires a B.S. or B.A. in Architecture and 1-5 years in the practice of architecture. A current professional architectural registration license is preferred but not required. It is essential that the Junior Architectural Staff be able to anticipate project requirements and have leadership qualities to work well with others. It is important that the candidate be thorough and able to review the work of others and take direction from leadership. All drafting is produced with Revit and BIM coordination. Skills with AutoCAD, Bluebeam, Microsoft Office, and Newforma are a plus. The position will offer a full benefits package upon hiring; salary is contingent upon the level of experience.