GKW ARCHITECTS – CONSTRUCTORS, INC. is a dynamic and highly collaborative Architectural firm with 10 years of experience building commercial, residential communities, and mixed-use developments. Our team focuses on the belief of honest business practices and solving problems with our team, developers, and clients. Please visit our website ( www.gkwarchitects.com) for more information.
Our office is quickly expanding and we are looking to grow our team. We are currently seeking Junior Architectural Draftpersons- Designers and Job Captains. This candidate must have an exceptional design ability, and be on the path of becoming an Architect ( AXP & ARE). We are looking for someone who can turn around a full set of construction documents. Using Revit is a bonus. We also expect the candidate to be prepared to orchestrate construction on the field. This professional will be communicating with team members, clients, and city officials in an exciting and fast-paced environment. We are looking for someone who wants to be a part of a fun and energetic team. Candidates will have the opportunity to learn, grow within the firm, and experience all phases of design.
- AXP Licensure Support: ARE Study Materials
- Mentorship: Rewarding work environment & family-like atmosphere
- Fun Team Building Activities & Events
- Open Studio Environment
- Coordinating and working on projects from start to finish / Full Scope of Work
Ideal Candidates will meet the following:
- Graduate of a NAAB accredited 4 or 5 year Architecture School
- Strong skills in Revit, AutoCAD, 3D Studio Max, and Adobe software
- Strong skills in the production and management of construction drawings, start to finish (Job Captain)
- Excellent problem solver and independent thinker with good listening skills and strong follow-through
- Strong verbal and graphic communication, organizational and collaborative skills
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently and in a team environment to coordinate with other design professionals
- Commitment to their own professional growth as an Architect
- Friendly & Fun Personality
- Bonus: 3+ years Revit/ BIM experience
- Bonus: Experience working in construction phases of projects with owners and General Contractors
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Generating Construction Documents for residential and commercial buildings with Revit Architecture
- Draft and develop design proposals / Schematic Designs
- Project Site Visits/ Construction Sites
- Responsible for development and coordination of drawings and specifications including : program compliance, code and agency compliance, schedule commitments, and product research.
- Coordination and Meetings with Consultants, Contractors, Clients, and City officials to execute work in an orderly and timely manner
- Provide input to design and construction schedule- communicate the technical implication of design decisions
- Maintain organization of existing and new projects
- Provide support for any tasks required for the successful completion of the project
This is a Full-Time position. 40 hrs/week, Typical Work Hours will be 9:00am-6:00pm Monday through Friday, with a 1-hr lunch Break. Compensation will be discussed at the interview.
How to Apply: Please email your cover letter, resume, and pdf samples of your work to email@example.com.