A+I, an award-winning strategy-led architecture and design agency, is looking for a super talented Junior Architectural Brand & Graphic Designer. We believe deeply that great design depends on the collaborative output of our teams. As a key member of A+I project teams, you will work closely with the architects, interior designers, strategists, and other brand & graphic designers across your studio and project teams. And you will bring the strong design capabilities necessary to deliver meaningful, beautiful, integrated projects through well-managed processes and communication.
A+I is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to achieving a workforce as diverse as the city we call home.
You will create impact by:
- Providing strong design partnership across all aspects of our interdisciplinary projects
- Embrace and help develop the strategies that guide the design of branded experience
- Provide creative initiation of design ideas, both independently and with teams.
- Offer and solicit constructive and articulate critical design feedback.
- Communicate complex ideas with clarity: visually, verbally, graphically, and in writing.
- Be passionate about design and have a point of view, while fostering design collaboration within your team and with office leadership.
- Care as much about the culture and people you work with as the projects you work on.
- Work to understand each client’s existing brand, aspirations for evolution of their brand, or, when applicable, goals for new brand design and communication. Use this understanding to develop a brand strategy for the project that will be applied to the branded experience throughout.
- Design the elements of the branded experience, including everything from logos and colorways and their application across the full array of potential components both analog–like menus, coasters, aprons, totes, brochures, packaging, etc., and architectural signage and wayfinding–as well as digital interfaces like website and app look & feel. Generate and iterate through original design concepts and develop and refine them all the way through to a final, deliverable product. In coordination with the architectural team, be responsible for full documentation, suitable for pricing and implementation.
- Drive the design of branded and graphic communication for project presentations during the design phases, in coordination with the team and overall project narrative and goals.
- Manage high level interface with vendors and installers from initial pricing and bidding, through installation/construction completion
- Work examples that demonstrate a sophisticated design sensibility and familiarity with all phases of architectural branding and graphic design projects.
- A minimum of +/-3 years of hands-on branding and graphic design experience in a design-focused office, ideally an architectural office or similar. Ideally some familiarity if not direct experience with Workplace and/or Hospitality design
- Expert experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, & Photoshop,) Microsoft Excel & Word, and Digital and hard copy printing.
- Familiarity with the following a plus: Autocad and Revit, 3-d modeling programs such as Sketchup and Rhino, Website design experience, Final cut or Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects
- Comfort with multitasking and collaboration within the context of fast paced projects
- Deep knowledge of graphic design production processes
- Professional degree in architecture, branding, and/or graphic design, or a related field
- Excellent English language communication and client facing skills
- Legally eligible to work in the United States, without need for employee sponsorship
More about us:
A+I believes in building towards a responsible practice.
We stand firmly for progressive social policy, responsible stewardship of our planet and combatting climate change.
A+I builds to better the world we inhabit.
We are an award winning, strategy led design agency focusing on design in the built environment. We live our purpose through our devotion to crafting more compelling human experiences–ones that seek to unite people and organizations, amplify their purpose, and better the world we inhabit. We believe that researching and building informed strategies to guide the design of spaces and experiences is a powerful lever for achieving the greater goals of those for whom we design as well as building towards more humane, inclusive, and sustainable futures. As such, building beautiful, meaningful, purposeful, and sustainable spatial experiences is deeply dependent on the strategies that organize that thinking. We achieve this through fostering diverse collaborative creative teams, integrated across research and design disciplines, and aligned around our client’s vision.
Please submit resume and work samples—with descriptions of your role in the work– in a single PDF, maximum size 8 MB, (or a link to a personal website) to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.