O’Neil Langan Architects (a New York City-based firm with a NEW Lawrence, KS outpost) is looking for a junior or intermediate level architect or designer with strong schematic and design development skills, as well as experience with construction documents. Project management experience a plus. Strong communication skills and proactive attitude and pride in work a must. Please read through the requirements below and respond if you qualify.
We specialize in retail design projects in the US and internationally and are interested in hearing from individuals who are passionate about retail architecture. Staff members work closely with senior staff and principals on each project from schematic design through construction administration. Significant responsibility is available for hardworking and talented designers who are ready to learn and hone their skills.
Mathew Schmidt, Associate (lives and works remotely in Lawrence, KS) relocated to Kansas recently after 10 professional years in New York City, and is looking to hire local talent to join him in the Lawrence, KS outpost of O’Neil Langan Architects. You will join him locally in Lawrence and will work with him and the rest of his NYC-based team remotely on many new and exciting high-end retail projects in NYC, Los Angeles, and throughout the country.
Due to circumstances related to Covid-19, this position is currently a remote work role and will require workers to meet project output standards from home using a combination of personal and remote PC hardware. We are looking for candidates who are located in Lawrence, KS or the immediate region and can meet in person multiple times weekly for guidance and review, but be able to manage and work remotely.
Please visit our website to see the kind of work we do: http://www.olarch.com
Skills & Experience Required:
- BArch, MArch or equivalent Interior Design degree
- Prior internship level (minimum)experience in an architectural office, at least one year.
- Ability to produce a complete set of construction documents
- Ability to handle fast-paced projects and deadlines
- Strong and clear communication skills a must
- Basic understanding of construction means and methods
- Capability of learning quickly on the job
- Willingness to learn and take direction from supervisors
- AutoCAD drafting experience in an office setting
- Revit drafting experience in an office setting a plus.
- Adobe Creative Suite experience
- 3D Studio Max & Vray, or Rhino & Vray proficiency a plus, not required. (we like to keep rendering projects on these platforms)
- Alternative 3D application experience, please explain in your cover letter
Please reply with the following:
- Attached resume as well as portfolio in PDF format, maximum 10mb file size.
- Salary requirements – negotiable based on level of experience.
- Resumes submitted without salary requirements, portfolios, or that don’t meet the candidate requirements above will not be reviewed.
Please send all applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If contacted for an interview, please be prepared to show working drawing sets you’ve put together in addition to your portfolio.