Building Design Partnership (BDP) is a major global interdisciplinary design practice with studios across the UK, Ireland, Netherlands, North America, the MENA region, India, and Asia. BDP has a leading track record in all major sectors and has won over 1000 design awards.
Our studios are vibrant. We offer thought leadership and inspirational solutions, and we aspire to deliver projects with maximum value for our clients and minimum impact on the planet. We create places that foster wellbeing, inclusivity and sustainable communities at home and around the world.
BDP is seeking a Junior Architect/Designer to contribute to the growth and success of our new studio in New York City. Be an exciting part of growing our new studio with the benefit of resources and the opportunity to collaborate with our Global studios! If you are a creative, motivated individual and the description below matches your background then we would love to hear from you.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture
- 2-5 years of professional experience
- Entrepreneurial drive, self-starter, takes initiative
- Exceptional research, design and graphic skills
- Basic knowledge of technical details and construction types
- Knowledge of zoning bylaws, building codes, and accessibility standards
- Experience in Residential/Mixed-Use; Interiors; Media; Retail; and/or Inclusive Design, preferably in NYC
- Fluent in ACAD, REVIT/BIM, Adobe Creative Suite, 3D visualization and related design software
- Excellent organizational, time management skills and ability to effectively meet deadlines
- Awareness of environmental and social issues as it relates to design
- Experience in the production of drawings through all phases of design and construction
- Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively in teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Salary range $60,000 – $75,000 commensurate with experience.
We believe our people are our most valuable asset. The Studio is a fast-paced and supportive team-based environment. BDP continues to expand, and we are seeking exceptional individuals to help us build a bright future. We offer outstanding opportunities, along with a mentorship program to develop your professional skills and to grow within the Studio.
BDP is actively fostering an inclusive organisation where people can be themselves and everyone has a sense of belonging. We want our teams to be diverse at every level, reflecting the communities we design for. As designers, we will create spaces for all that promote equity, wellbeing and participation within the built environment. We actively encourage people from a variety of backgrounds with different skills, professional and life experiences, to join us and help us to achieve our aspirations. We also welcome applications from candidates who wish to work flexibly.