hughesumbanhowar architects is a full service practice with design studios in South Florida and Los Angeles. We create projects, buildings and objects for discriminating and engaged clients. The work we do is a reflection of our focus on craft, form and building technology in relation to our contemporary condition.Foremost in our design philosophy is a belief in the creative nature of design, the importance of rigorous research, the value of ingenuity and invention, and the social purpose of design. We view sustainability as an a priori condition, a responsibility to current and future generations.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual willing to take on responsibility and grow with our team in our Venice Office on a full time basis. An ability to work both collaboratively with lead architect and self directed is essential. We encourage people who are detail-oriented and eager to take on challenges to contact us.
Applicants should have a degree in architecture from an accredited college, with 5 to 10 years of working experience in schematic design through construction administration phases, and proficiency in CAD, preferably Archicad in Mac Environment which our office has used for 10 years. Familiarity with high end residential, commercial and hospitality typologies necessary. Good understanding of details, materials, construction processes, systems, and methodologies is important. Previous experience with consulting engineer coordination, technical detailing, specification research, obtaining agency approvals and working with contractors is required.
Please Provide the Following:
- A cover letter stating relevant experience and skills;
- A resume or CV that clearly documents the required qualifications;
- Work samples, in PDF format, with descriptions of applicant’s role and job duties for each project.
- Samples of drawings, particularly drawings from a CD set rather that a presentation set, construction details, mill work and furniture details, with descriptions of applicant’s role for each set of drawings.
Please rank your skill from 1 to 10 in the following categories;
- CAD drawing skills
- Setting up, managing CAD files and all required specifications from concept to CD set
- Rendering and modeling skills in 3D programs
- Photoshop skills
- Knowledge of construction material
- Construction details skills
- Verbal and written communication
Please indicate Availability and compensation requirements. Salary is based on experience and abilities. The position is available immediately and could be extended into full time employment.