Obata Noblin Office
is looking for an Junior Architect! We are seeking a collaborator to join our small design-driven architecture office. The ideal candidate will have a passion for architecture, a strong design sense, and an ability to work collaboratively. We strive to create a fun studio atmosphere and work a 9am – 6pm schedule. We have a lovely little office in SOMA with lots of plants and natural light, come join us!
As an Junior Architect, you will assist with all aspects of architectural design, from conceptualization to construction administration. Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the Principal Architect and design team to develop design concepts, sketches, and plans for projects of varying scale and complexity.
- Develop and produce architectural drawings, including schematic design, design development, and construction documents.
- Assist with construction administration, including responding to RFI’s, reviewing submittals, and attending construction meetings.
- Communicate effectively with clients, consultants, contractors, and other team members throughout the design and construction process.
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends, codes, and regulations, and apply this knowledge to project work.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture
- Minimum of 1 year of professional experience in an architectural firm.
- Proficiency in Rhino and the Adobe Suite. Revit a plus but not required.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with construction administration preferred.
If you meet these requirements we encourage you to apply to join our growing team. We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, 401k and more. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and work samples to email@example.com