Position purpose: The Junior Architect works closely in collaboration with the Senior Architect to develop the design and drawings for new and ongoing projects and embody the culture of the studio.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Create drawings and renderings and any relevant items for client presentations as delegated by Senior Architect and Principal.
- Participates in the design development process and documentation, and construction drawing design and documentation
- Prepare and circulate bid drawings to applicable contractors and fabricators
- Assist in the preparation of applicable AIA contracts.
- Prepare drawing sets and documentation to be filed with local agencies including
- Attend client meetings and take minutes
- Ascertain and maintains knowledge of NYC building code and applicable ADA laws or applicable codes for applicable projects.
- Oversees deadlines, project scopes and aesthetics simultaneously.
- Utilizes project action item lists in studio project management system.
Personnel/Human Resources responsibilities:
- Participates in all studio culture building initiatives.
- Attend industry events, trade shows and openings when possible.
- Engage in continuing education and lunch and learn events
- Degree in Architecture
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant full time experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including space planning, hand and digital drafting.
- Experience selecting and specifying lighting, furnishings, hardware, floor/window coverings, materials, and finishes.
- Experience with managing budgets
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketchup, and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of CAM, fabrication and model making is a plus.
- Work under pressure, produce deliverables and meet deadlines
- Self motivated and eager to learn.
- Office hours are 9am to 6pm, but please expect an occasional late evening or early morning to help set up for presentations.
Pay rate: Salaried, with benefits beginning after 1 month. Annual salary commensurate with experience to be determined.
Benefits: 10 days of Paid Time Off annually plus the office is closed between Christmas and New Year’s; access, with contributions, to company Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Insurance, and 401k.
Covid work protocol: As of February 2021, each member of the office is working remotely with approximately one to two days in the office per week. The office is following strict social distancing guidelines, wearing of PPE and monitoring of temperatures and health conditions. During initial training, additional time in the office might be required.
Please submit cover letter, resume and portfolio to
In your cover letter, please answer the following questions:
- What sources do you use most frequently use as inspiration for your own work?
- Why is working at Studio DB of interest to you?
- What is your salary request?
- Please provide 2-3 professional references.
Applications that do not include the above information or are submitted in any other manner will not be considered.