DXA studio is an award-winning design practice that provides a rare balance of expertly crafted design with technical proficiency. Believing in the power of architecture to positively influence the lives of all that engage it, DXA focuses on authenticity, sustainability and innovation in all their projects.
DXA studio (http://www.dxastudio.com) is looking for the following candidates:
• Junior Architect ( 2 – 5 years’ experience – previous positions at NY firms is a plus)
Candidates for these positions should have the following general qualifications:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Architecture
- Strong design, presentation and communication skills
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe CS (including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign), Rhino, Sketchup; Revit a plus
- Project experience; successfully working on a project from inception to installation
- Excellent organization and teamwork skills, with strong attention to detail
- Experience in construction document preparation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to prepare presentation materials, as well as maintaining a professional demeanor with vendors
- Ability to assist on architectural design related tasks
- Be a self-motivated, proactive and energetic team member with the ability to meet project timelines and actively add to the design conversation.
Candidates will be required to demonstrate past experience performing the following tasks:
- Meeting with clients to establish architectural design goals for the projects
- Preparation of precedent images and concept materials for initial internal and client presentations
- Putting together cohesive, well conceived design ideas for partner review
- Work closely with senior architectural staff to coordinate design vision
- Production of design presentations including production of design presentations including strong visual & graphics ability, bringing concepts to 2D & 3D representation for client review.
- Communicate with vendors and visit showrooms to source products including materials, plumbing fixtures, appliances, furniture, lighting and fabrics necessary for design presentations
- Strong knowledge of architectural methodologies
- Production of material, plumbing, appliance and furniture specifications to be integrated into architectural sets for construction and purchasing.
- Track project tasks for multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced design environment
- Participation and focus in client meetings, project schedules, interiors budgets and all deliverables throughout project phases
You must be available to work in New York City immediately.
Please email us a PDF of your résumé and portfolio for consideration to email@example.com including the position for which you’re applying. We will contact you upon review. Interviews are likely to happen over video conferencing at this time.