VanderHorn Architects, a Greenwich, CT architecture firm specializing in the finest quality residential design, seeks a full-time Junior Architect.
Job Responsibilities and Skills:
• Work with project managers and designers to produce design presentations, construction drawings, and supplemental documents.
• Follow established standards for project production.
• A minimum of two-years’ full-time experience in successfully and independently producing construction documents for residential projects, with minor supervision, is required.
• Good time-management skills, and the ability to efficiently multi-task, are required.
• An understanding of traditional residential design and construction techniques is strongly preferred.
• Strong graphics, presentation, and communications skills are a must. A professional, respectful, and respectable demeanor is absolutely essential.
• Strong proficiency in AutoCAD is essential, and a working knowledge of Rhino, Sketchup, Revit, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office is a plus.
• 3-D and/or physical model building is a plus.
• M.Arch or B.Arch is strongly preferred.
Must live within 40 miles of Greenwich, CT. This is an in-office position.
Competitive salary and benefits, which include: Paid overtime, paid vacation and sick time, health insurance, and 401(k) plan.
If you would like to join a dynamic and collaborative environment, where your ideas will be heard and your skills challenged, send in PDF format your cover letter, resume, and work samples to email@example.com with “Junior Architect” in the subject line. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.