S M Tam Architect, PLLC is a boutique architecture firm with an extensive, diverse portfolio of projects across residential, commercial, hospitality, and community facilities. We are seeking a Job Captain/Project Architect to manage projects at our office in Brooklyn, New York.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years of architectural experience working on mid- to large-scale residential and commercial projects in New York City, with a working knowledge of NYC building codes, zoning regulations, and NYC Department of Buildings processes. This senior-level position reports directly to the firm Principal.
We offer mentorship by the Founder of the company who has over 25 years’ experience building an organization with a portfolio of several thousand projects and providing professional skill and career development opportunities through involvement across a wide range of projects, including single- and multi-family houses, condominium buildings, hotels and restaurants, corporate offices, medical facilities, and houses of worship.
- Manage all phases of architectural projects, including feasibility studies, schematic design and development, client communication and engineering consultant coordination
- Produce architectural drawings and 3D renderings
- Conduct zoning analysis and interpret NYC building and energy codes to ensure compliance
- Prepare and file plans/documentation with the NYC Department of Buildings and related city agencies
- Maintain ongoing communication with client, general contractor and engineering consultants
- Participate in virtual Department of Buildings plan review meetings
- Mentor and manage junior project team members
- Minimum 3 years of architectural work experience in design and construction documentation
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and 3D software
- Working knowledge of NYC Building Code and Zoning Resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with ability to work on multiple concurrent projects
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, and a positive attitude
- Bilingual in Chinese/English (a strong plus)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Paid time off
- Health insurance (optional) with employer contribution
TO APPLY: Please email your cover letter, resume and portfolio to email@example.com and include the ‘Job Captain/Project Architect’ in the subject line of your email.