We are BAMO
creative expression | award-winning design
travel | international destinations
multi-cultural exposure | innovative clients
mentorship | renowned leaders
inspiring and fulfilling work | balanced, diverse, and supportive culture
A collective of interior designers, we create captivating environments that flow, function, and make people feel welcome, at ease, and inspired. From a resort in Bora Bora to a high-rise in Miami, a beach house in California to a villa in Italy, we create true havens: places apart from the everyday.
Just like our designs, no two designers are the same; every voice brings a richness of experience and perspective, and an impassioned view of life. We are looking to welcome a new voice to our talented team of architects and designers, artists and experts. Join us as we create meaningful narratives, and design authentic spaces that speak to the senses.
Job Title: Job Captain
Seeking candidates with an innate sense of style. A skilled understanding of materials and construction, with a keen eye for detail. An explorer of proportion, form, and function.
As Job Captain, you will collaborate directly with the Project Manager and Design Leads on the documentation and coordination of BAMO’s renowned interior spaces. You will be responsible for leading the team in the production of interior architectural design and construction document sets. You will manage and mentor the projects’ production teams, ensuring that documents are complete and on time, and actively participate in the preparation of documentation, as required. You also play a lead role during construction. The position requires, in addition to expertise in Revit and construction methods and detailing, a keen interest in all aspects of interior design and architecture.
What you can expect in the Job Captain Role at BAMO:
- Assist and collaborate with the project team in the production of interior architectural design and construction documents on a variety of project types including hotel, restaurant, residential, and commercial office interiors.
- Understand building, fire and other code requirements having an impact on the design, and ensure compliance in the documentation.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of project deliverables.
- Lead and mentor the project production teams with minimal oversight.
- Coordinate between interior architecture, finishes, and FF&E elements.
- Assist the Project Manager and Lead Designer of particular projects in determining hours budgets and the status of completed work.
- Develop relationships and work closely with various consultants on projects.
- Maintain and develop BAMO’s CAD and Revit Standards in collaboration with our BIM Manager.
- Conduct construction-phase activities including site visits, shop drawing review, requests for information, drawing and document updates, project record-keeping.
- College-level degree (architecture, interior design or related field)
- Minimum 6 years experience
- Experience in Residential, Commercial, and Hospitality strongly preferred.
- High level of Revit proficiency, particularly in the set-up of drawings sets.
- Experience directing and collaborating with an outsourced production team.
- Strong organizational skills – with experience in communicating, managing, and tracking detailed drawing redlines.
- Understanding of construction, materials, and methods.
- Takes initiative and ownership of all tasks on projects.
- Meets deadlines and ensures accuracy of all work produced.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and thorough.
- Positive attitude, team-oriented, flexible, and productive.
- Architectural training required; licensure desired.
- Salary range: $75,000 – $85,000
- Health, dental vision, and life insurance
- Paid vacation
- Hybrid work schedule
- Paid family leave
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
BAMO, Inc has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees. New hires will be required to provide proof of vaccination (and booster if eligible) upon hire. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to enable otherwise qualified individuals who cannot be vaccinated because of a disability or a religious reason.