Studio AR&D Architects is a Los Angeles and Palm Springs based architecture firm that offers a creative and collaborative work environment with a growing portfolio of work.
We are a small firm which provides the opportunity for all team members to touch all aspects of each project from concept through construction. Projects include high-end residential, hotel | hospitality, interior architecture and landscape.
Currently, we are seeking a Job Captain who can help contribute to the creative work coming from Studio AR&D Architects. Job Captain will have the responsibility of guiding the production team through the project timeline and consistently delivering and meeting deadlines. Work tasks will include taking a project from conception through completion and utilizing Revit to convert designs, sketches, ideas, and descriptions into technical drawings. Job responsibilities also include managing and guiding a production team, reviewing drawings for accuracy and quality, and ensuring team is on track to meet deadlines.
The selected candidate shall benefit from a dynamic work environment and challenging project tasks and responsibilities.
- Minimum 7-10 years of post-bachelor’s degree Architecture firm experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- Must have high level of proficiency in Revit
- Significant experience in Single Family Residential projects of varying size and scale
- Experience interacting with clients and organizing projects
- An ability to demonstrate deep knowledge and understanding of all phases of residential project design from pre-design through construction administration
- Experience working with a project team and consultants in schematic design through construction administration
- Ability to manage and delegate a multitude of tasks and assignments and ability to change priorities efficiently
- Technically strong enough to provide guidance to junior resources on the team
- Ability to guide production team through project timeline
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a high level of detail and accuracy
- Exceptional level of attention to detail and a mastery of organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage client/consultant communication
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and deliver
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interest in modern & contemporary architecture
- Reliable transportation to travel to and from job sites upon request
Personal Qualities –
- Desire to produce meaningful work, passion is at the heart of our company
- Independent with the ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to be openminded, take in different ideas and encourage teamwork
- Desire to constantly self-educate and be hands-on
- Ability to bring creative solutions to our design wor
- Ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines
Nice to have –
- Experience working on high end residential architecture & interior architecture
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
What do we offer?
A hands-on creative work environment with colleagues who are passionate, creative and continuously striving to innovate and improve.
Studio AR&D values employee growth and will cover the cost of all ARE exams that are passed since date of hire. Other benefits include health insurance, 401k match, paid vacation, paid time off and 7 days of paid holidays.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. All applicants must already possess long term work authorization.
To apply for this position, include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio (PDF Format)
- Send all of the above in an email to: email@example.com
- All materials should be formatted for easy printing in PDF format
- Keep attachments under 3MB
- Please include all of the above and send via email.
Please, no phone calls or third parties. Please do not send links to websites or online resumes, photos or video presentations. Competitive salary based on relevant experience and abilities. Thank you!