Studio AR&D Architects is a Los Angeles based architecture firm that offers a creative and collaborative work environment with a growing portfolio of work that seeks to be both poetic and meaningful in every detail.
Currently, we are seeking a Job Captain who can help contribute to the creative work coming from Studio AR&D Architects. A Job Captain will have a thorough understanding of construction documents in addition to retaining and understanding of all of the parties involved and the delivery of the work that they are responsible for.
A Job Captain will have the responsibility of overseeing the actual creation of the drawings and construction documents of the project. A Job Captain shall have the technical and leadership abilities to plan, organize, and manage efforts of a production team to produce high quality construction documents within an alotted time and budget. The selected candidate shall benefit from a dynamic work environment and challenging project tasks and responsibilities.
- Take direction from, and provide support and assistance to Project Managers and Managing Principal on various high-end residential projects
- Produce, manage, and coordinate construction documentation sets
- Complete technical CAD drawings and tasks as directed in a clear and organized manner consistent with office standards
- Report regularly to the Project Manager and Firm Principal
- Track and follow up on communication with team members, consultants, and local municipality staff, as required
- Coordinate architectural design and building systems with engineering consultants
- Produce and develop technical drawings and details with Project Manager supervision
- Organize drawing sets and oversee completing submittals to various municipalities
- Perform filing, code, and zoning analyses for multiple municipalities and related zoning ordinances
- Survey and document existing conditions in the field
- Research construction materials and systems
- General office and project duties as required to the firm and position
- Bachelor’s or Masters Degree in Architecture
- Minimum 3-5 years of post-bachelor’s degree Architecture firm experience, preferably in high-end residential design
- Strong organizational skills: As it relates to the communication with other disciplines, team members, and the ability to create and access information within construction documents
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD
- Detail oriented
- Experience in design and detailing projects through construction documentation
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and deliver
- Self motivated, self-starter
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interest in modern & contemporary architecture
- Knowledge of Sketchup, Bluebeam, and other related software preferred
- Desire to produce meaningful work, passion is at the heart of our company
- Independent with the ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to be openminded, take-in different ideas and encourage teamwork
- Desire to constantly self-educate and be hands-on
- Ability to bring creative solutions to our design work
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. All applicants must already possess long term work authorization.
Please APPLY HERE.